+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Secret Window

Thumbs up Secret Window

Did anyone see this movie yet...I think it was a good movie and I would go see it again
    Love Is BS

Ken... please take you links off your Sig.. sorry but we arent aloud to advertise other sites on here! Thank you !
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Secret Window was a good movie until that absolutely horrid ending. It was so cliche and predictable it pretty much ruined the whole movie for me.
    Heit ist mein taug.

The ending just wasn't exciting as i'd hoped. The movie sort of built up to nothing. But I liked it anyways
    "Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes."

Sorry for reviving this old thread, but I just saw this on DVD and I had to say I agree that the ending was hoplessly predictable. It also paralleled The Dark Half in areas, which kicked ass as a book, but fell flat as a movie, (as do MANY King novels unfortunately). Stephen King is one morbid son of a gun aint he? But I expected much more out of this one.

Yeah, the ending completely ruined the movie for me.
    I feel like every since Fight Club, people keep trying to repeat the kind of ending, and you just need to leave it aloooone

I love Fight Club though. SOOO good-but it was kinda the original!
    Cinderella said to Snow White
    "How does love get so off course
    All I wanted was a white knight
    With a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset
    [URL=http://dizzygirl.net]Baby I'm forever yours[/URL]"

I wouldn't say it was the original by any means. That kind of ending had been cliched long before. There's no one film or piece of literature that we can point to and say "THAT'S where that kind of ending came from." Well maybe we can. If there was one movie that originated that ending it would have to be Psycho.
    Heit ist mein taug.

I read alot of Stephen King, but I don't remember this novel/story anywhere in his works. Anyone know what book this is in? (If it's a novella) I am usually excited to hear of one of his books made for a movie, but they always end up being so re-written and butchered for hollywood scripts, it's almost never worth watching. (Although I did enjoy the tv movie "The Stand" and "The Green Mile" was excellent.) Like with Dreamcatcher. The movie started off great and then just pooped out especially with the completly idiotic ending. My hope is that somebody can make a Dark Tower miniseries and save his name when it comes to broadcast media. :-P
    3 out of 2 people have problems with fractions.

Yeah I guess you're right. I guess Fight Club was just the original for me. But it was so perfect in that movie!
    Cinderella said to Snow White
    "How does love get so off course
    All I wanted was a white knight
    With a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset
    [URL=http://dizzygirl.net]Baby I'm forever yours[/URL]"

Quote Originally Posted by Bonovox40
    I read alot of Stephen King, but I don't remember this novel/story anywhere in his works. Anyone know what book this is in? (If it's a novella)
    I read that it was in fact from a novella, "Four Past Midnight: Secret Window, Secret Garden"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonovox40
    I am usually excited to hear of one of his books made for a movie, but they always end up being so re-written and butchered for hollywood scripts, it's almost never worth watching. (Although I did enjoy the tv movie "The Stand" and "The Green Mile" was excellent.)
    I agree. The novels are completely butchered. And I do so enjoy a good King novel or short story. I also think The Green Mile was well done, but the one that got me hooked was Carrie. The original, with Sissy Spacek. That movie scared the shit out of me. (Course, I was quite young at the time, lol). Bono did you see Christine? I enjoyed that one as well.

BTW if you are into reading King, I highly recommend the Dark Half. I couldn't put that one down!