+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: obliques, abdominals, pectorals

Jimmy1218, I have a Bachelor's degree in Exercise Science with a minor in nutrition.

Exercise science? Never knew they had that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Something went terribly wrong

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    i am not a fool.

all i said was i am feeling and seeing the results. that doesn't mean i turned into a super ripped macho guy over night.
    i know what you said and i never said or even tried to imply that you were a fool. im just putting it out there just to help. a lot of people end up defeating themselves simply because they don't get the results they think they are supposed to get in a month. dont be so sensitive. i didnt mean anything bad or insulting by my last post. i just know that 2 days has little to no noticeable results, or at least for my body. it takes a good week until there is the slightest noticeable change for me and im 18.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    Michael6084, right now I'm training for a bodybuilding contest. So I'm not typically this lean year round. I use a combination of diet, exercise, and supplements to help me lose fat. I eat every 2 hrs, stay away from sugars, consume 1 g of protein per lb of bodyweight, perform 30 min of cardio a day and take supplements such as caffeine, green tea extract, B vitamins, and carnitine.
    wow thats awesome lol. if you dont mind me asking, what is it that you eat? or maybe it doesnt matter so long as its low-calorie and you burn them before they can store in your body?

I eat complex carbs such as oatmeal, grits, brown rice, and sweet potatoes. Complex carbs take longer for the body to digest. So you are less likely to store them as fat. Simple carbs (i.e. sugars), on the other hand, are rapidly digested and released into the bloodstream. If you don't burn the calories off right away, they are stored away as body fat. I also eat a wide variety of protein sources which include poultry, fish, red meat, and eggs.

im actually a bodybuilder / nutritionist so i can help alot in this subject..

the best way to burn fat is doing cardio in the morning before ur breakfast, provided u dont take longer than like 1 hr after u wake up to eat. eat spread out meals smaller, about every 3 hrs. balanced with all food grps, protein, complex carbs (anything not refined, fruits and veggies work too), and non-saturated fats.

u cant see muscle anyway unless u burn the fat off. id say weight train every muscle in ur body, anyway the more muscle u have the faster ur metabolism (muscle is harder to maintain so ur body burns alot more calories at rest the more u have). for chest, dips are good, push ups, if u dont have a gym, other wise go for dumbbell bench press / barbell bench press, incline, etc. for obliques u can grab a dumbbell on each side of you and "crunch" to each side. for abs, well theres millions. make sure u do no more than like 8 sets total for abs and try to stay under 20 reps, ideal is 10-15 reps, so if ur in shape put some weight on ya.

anachronistic Guest
    for breakfast every morning i have granola and/or toast and bacon

then for lunch i have some chicken and baked potatos (frenchfry style)

then for supper i have a george foreman grill cooked hamburger or something.

sometimes i have pizza for dinner, baked ofcourse. on the side, sometimes i have vegetables, raw or cooked, usually corn, carrots, lettuce, or greenbeans. all i drink is orange juice and water.

i think i get all my food groups in a day.

i am very angry at my mother, i told her that i don't want any potato chips or anything, and the other day she went out and bought me like 5 lbs of potato chips! what the ****?!!

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hey guys, what's your take on ab machines like the "Ab Lounge?"
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

the ab lounge is alright, but it's only 1 exercise. You need more variation to see results.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort View Post
    hey guys, what's your take on ab machines like the "Ab Lounge?"
    i used it once or twice at a friend's house. not too shabby, however i didn't feel the burn that i should've.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123