+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I feel soooo stupid!

I feel soooo stupid!

To cut a long story short there is this guy that I really really like and I've known for quite a few years now and have liked him from the start.
    Anyway we slept together 2 years ago and then he got a gf. He broke up with her at the beginning of the year and since then I've spent a lot of time with him and slept with him on several more occasions.
    I was to scared to ask him if I actually meant anything to him because I think I knew deep down what I knew his answer would be.
    But still we would speak to each other every day in some way or another and I was quite happy with that.
    Over the last couple of weeks he has broken all contact and I only got the odd reply to a text message now and again. I have a feeling that he has got involved with someone else and I know it's my own fault for getting hung up on someone who didn't have feelings for me but god it hurts and I really really don't know what to do. Everyone knows whats been going on between us and I feel really stupid now.
    I know people on here are gonna say bad things about me but I really couldn't help myself and I really wish that I hadn't got involved now

Well I'm not going to say bad things about you. I can understand why you did it. But perhaps you should have done it differently. He might have seen you as no-strings-attached sex with bonus company, which is what you kind of let it be.

I can tell you really like this guy though, because it seems you were ready to overlook lack of commitment on is part just so you could be with him.

It's a really difficult situation. if you're brave enough, give him a call or email or something, that isn't too threatening. Just ask him what he's been up to and that you haven't heard from him in a while. You might be able to get a gist of what's going on, because it really could be anything.

If not (or if he doesn't respond) than you need to just forget about him.It won't happen overnight, but you'll have to. Give yourself some distraction; meet new people, start a hobby, etc to take your mind off him.

Sorry, but there is no simple solution.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you really like him, tell him straight how you feel & then leave it alone.

Simple truth about men: When they like you, they reach out to you. It may be subtle but the airwaves won't be left dead. The silence, unless prompted by you, is not a good sign.