+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should I do now? Help would be great

What should I do now? Help would be great

Hello,

I have posted here before about a girl I met at work, fell in love with, but couldn't have because she had a boyfriend. She said she felt the same way, but didn't want to end her relationship. I tried to meddle in it and get them to break up, which was a big mistake. Eventually, I had to stop talking to her because it became too hard. But being a supervisor at my job, I still see her now and then.

Out of the BLUE, she called me the other day. Now, she calls me now and then at work, usually to talk about work, but this time she called my cell phone and we talked about plenty of things that weren't work-related. She then called me several more times over the next couple days, and I'm really scratching my head to figure this out. She still has this boyfriend, but he's not much of one since he decided to break the law and get sentenced to what is pretty much a halfway house. He gets out for 4 hours a day.

I don't want to jump the gun here and ruin this again. I just want to play it cool and let what happens happen. I'm just wondering what it was that made her call. I have her number, but I haven't called her because she hasn't asked. I just don't want to get all down on my luck if she doesn't call for a few days, which is what I did the last time. How can I properly handle this situation or maybe the question is, how should I act through this? I would GREATLY appreciate any help.

Relationships that are work related are a bad idea all around. Period.
    "Making plans to change the world, while the world is changing us."

Why can't you just be up-front with her and ask her if she's changed her mind? Maybe she's trying to figure out if the offer is still good.
    Spammer Spanker

I don't know....I don't think I'd date her if I were you. If she only wants to date you now that her boyfriend is unable to take her out....I just don't like the way its sounding, you know?

Do what Giga said to see if she's calm and collected or completely balks. Don't let yourself be someone's second choice.
    There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Is she seeing someone or not? Ask. Don't meddle, ever. The one in the middle is *always* the one to get squashed. That is all.