+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Point Counterpoint

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    Actually, I was surprised that he goes to prostitutes because he is not "ass ugly." Actually, he's sort of a Frazier Crane type of a guy--brainy, while not ga-ga handsome...he's in fairly good condition, an ivy league degree, etc. Dresses to the nines, too.

Anyway, he even dresses up when he goes to the prostitute...he wants the whole mood to be just right and he respects the women he's with--at least that is what he tells me.
    I wasn't saying everyone who goes to prostitutes is ugly. I was just being fair to him because he would never stand a chance with any girl. When I showed my older sister what he looked like she immediately went "Holy shit he's hideous!" or something like that. Girls at my school treated him like shit, they always gave him that look like "You're hideous, get out of my presence." Although ugly and treated like shit in social settings, he was one of my best friends and by far the most interesting and knowledgeable people I have ever known.

Ivy league huh? Cornell is the only real ivy We had 30,000 people apply for this years 3,000 openings. Our science programs kick major ass

It's good that your friend treats prostitutes properly. By paying them, it only means you are entitled to having sex with them, and that's it. It's not an entitlement to be a jerk or asshole in any way. People don't understand that prostitutes are women just as much as any other female. Treat them that way! You'll get better service that way as well. I think it's wrong how people look down on prostitutes so much... Stop the hating!

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You know, I could see this all happening and yet...one person said exactly what I agree with...ultimately, it should be about "love." At least, that's what I am waiting for
    Hahaha, you're wasting your time man

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Hahaha, you're wasting your time man
    I don't know about that...I think that there are some scattered remnants of the Romantic Era around still.

I know that we actually live in a period termed in literature as the "Post-Romantic" period.

Love is out. Sex is in. Like everything else, sex is a political gesture these days, particularly for the Second Wave Feminist.

For guys...who knows. Men are so out of the loop as a group....simultaneously mind-boggling and et, not at all surprising.

But like I said, some of the Romantic Era is still buried in our society, somewhere. I'll keep looking It is sort of like looking for gold dust in a riverbed.

these are the times when i'm so happy i'm not single.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    these are the times when i'm so happy i'm not single.
    And yet...I'm so unhappy...because you are not single

Oh hardly, sweetheart.

Go look at the national opinion poll data--the most well liked group of people in the US are..."Women" I'm not kidding. This is an objective reality.

The positive rating of Men rate is somewhere below the old people and poor people...ranked like eight spots below "Women."
    i said the world. not some people who were asked on a poll.

This "everyone hates women" mantra is pretty old beans. Just accept the fact that everyone loves you, everyone wants to be with you, everyone wants you to succeed.
    you're crazy if you really believe this is true.

And, apparently my colleagues love you so much they are willing to spend either big bucks for a fleeting orgasm or at least they'll buy you a diluted cocktail for a good lay LOL
    that isn't love.

Love, misombra

i said the world. not some people who were asked on a poll.

Response: No, it really is true and its been true for years. Over 90 percent of people polled (2,000+ every other year) in the US think that women are numero uno in their book ! It only take 2,000 randomly polled individuals to measure US public opinion...basic statistical odds. So, it ain't just "some people".

And I don't think that you can generalize to the rest of the world. Even in the Middle East women are highly valued generally (even if it isn't the way Western women view "highly valued")
    you're crazy if you really believe this is true.

Response: It is true. It is a statistical fact, kiddo. Get used to it Misombra, we all care deeply about women and their lives. We have programs galore to help you in any way shape or form. We want you to succeed (go to universities and see it in action) in work, life, etc.

So, feel the love, Sister I don't get that...you just can't accept that you (as a group) have arrived...you are top dog in the US today and in many other places of the world.

that isn't love.

Response: OKay, I admit...sarcasm at the end. But, what really is love anyway? Oops...another discussion, eh?!

Love, Cameron

okay fine. i'll be less general about it.

your friends hate women. maybe they won't say it. maybe they'll deny it. but it's quite obvious that they think of women as commodities. did your friends participate in any of these polls? i'm sure many like them have.

it's easy to say you love something. look i'll say i love roaches... i, misombra, love roaches. i treat them really well, i respect their boundaries, never do i try to stomp on them and kill them.

okay fine. i'll be less general about it.

your friends hate women. maybe they won't say it. maybe they'll deny it. but it's quite obvious that they think of women as commodities. did your friends participate in any of these polls? i'm sure many like them have.

it's easy to say you love something. look i'll say i love roaches... i, misombra, love roaches. i treat them really well, i respect their boundaries, never do i try to stomp on them and kill them.
    Actually, I think the guy who goes trolling at bars hates women. Let's be honest: guys who go to bars to pick up women are predatory and dishonest.

The guy who goes to hookers--he's actually not being predatory. It is simply an economic relationship for him. He's being honest--he wants sex and she's willing to do it for money. He flies all the way to Nevada for the sex, where it is legal and regulated.

Personally, I think they're both nuts...a waste of time and money (flying all the way to Nevada??? Crazy). But, I think that only the first guy who goes to bars is a misogynist.

In terms of polling...randomly selected and names are unknown ...it is protected information.

I don't think they see women as commodities...I think that the guy who goes to hookers sees "sex" as a commodity (women are just the receptacle of choice for him). The other guy who goes to bars sees "sex" as a commodity but he seems to see women as a something to be manipulated to get his goods. A distinction.

Personally, I am not interested in sex, per se. I'm interested in love...a difference. Sex in the context of love.

"Actually, I think the guy who goes trolling at bars hates women. Let's be honest: guys who go to bars to pick up women are predatory and dishonest.

The guy who goes to hookers--he's actually not being predatory. It is simply an economic relationship for him. He's being honest--he wants sex and she's willing to do it for money. He flies all the way to Nevada for the sex, where it is legal and regulated.

Personally, I think they're both nuts...a waste of time and money (flying all the way to Nevada??? Crazy). But, I think that only the first guy who goes to bars is a misogynist.

In terms of polling...randomly selected and names are unknown ...it is protected information."

it sounds incredibly miserable to me.

Oh, I fully agree with you. It does sound miserable. May be a reflection of the Post Romantic era. I think alot of people are miserable whether they know it or not.

Richest nation on the planet; yet the most emotionally bankrupt (on average).

I don't think they see women as commodities...I think that the guy who goes to hookers sees "sex" as a commodity (women are just the receptacle of choice for him). The other guy who goes to bars sees "sex" as a commodity but he seems to see women as a something to be manipulated to get his goods. A distinction.

Personally, I am not interested in sex, per se. I'm interested in love...a difference. Sex in the context of love.
    a woman who gets paid to have some man touch her and be his cum bucket does not love or value herself at all. nor does a naive woman easily picked up in a bar. both types of men perpetrate women who have no self-value and use that to their advantage.

i'm willing to bet my life savings that your friends lives are otherwise boring and unfullfilling.

a woman who gets paid to have some man touch her and be his cum bucket does not love or value herself at all. nor does a naive woman easily picked up in a bar. both types of men perpetrate women who have no self-value and use that to their advantage.

i'm willing to bet my life savings that your friends lives are otherwise boring and unfullfilling.
    Well, I really didn't want to get into defending their behavior (because I'm not)...but, actually, the woman who sells her body for sex is (economically) putting a much higher dollar figure on her self-worth than the chick at the bar. Legal prostitutes make six figure incomes and not getting jacked around emotionally. The chick at the bar is making...squat and is getting jacked around emotionally.

But, be that as it may...you bring up a side issue...the women's sense of self-worth. Hey, that's ultimately not the problem for these two guys. They could (conceivably) like women and the women themselves are devaluing themselves. That can happen, right???

Actually, both of them have very exciting, fast paced lives. They are independent and have places of their own, nicely furnished the way they want. They work hard. Very little time to mess around with other things. Both drive nice foreign cars. Dress nicely, etc.

And, they are my "colleagues" ...I didn't say they were my "friends."

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast