+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: does it matter...

does it matter...

...how old/young a person is to consider or not consider?
    i didn't really know what to say to my buddy when he asked me this question. he's talking to this girl and they get along great, but she said she was a senior...in high school! he's a junior in college. he still likes her and all, but i wanted to tell him this is wrong, but i met the girl and she's young but she looks like she's our age...

should i tell him to avoid her, or tell him to just keep her in the friend status...
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

...well let's just say that i met her a couple times and she's the type of girl that even I want to get with. it's not all physical from her point of view but to him it probably is.
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

yup, i already told him...i hope things work out.

Well, its good that you warned both of them. She seems like a nice girl and I would feel terrible if your friend just wanted her for sex only. Thats crazy.

But, yeah, if he truly wants to be with her other then the sake of sex only, then I would say go for it. Or you go for it if he's that dumb.

I took an extra semester in Highschool after I graduated, and I met this guy that was 22 and had already graduated college, etc. We both ended up going out and it was a great experience for me. Sometimes it can work out, you never know unless you try. Its one of those life lesson things I think.

I agree with Shille, girls tend to mature faster then guys. Depends on the girl too. I act like I'm in my 20's, but I'm still 18. Most guys are amazed that I'm so mature for my age.

Anyways, Good Luck!

PS: Sorry if I was a little rude about your friend above. I just get so annoyed with guys that try to take advantage of a girl.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

agree with Shille, girls tend to mature faster then guys.
    Let's not jump to these statements here. While it's scientifically proven that girls develop faster than guys, maturity is a whole nother story. Some guys are very mature for their age, some girls are very immature for theirs. It's all up to the person.
    She seems like a nice girl and I would feel terrible if your friend just wanted her for sex only. Thats crazy.
    Not trying to pick on you, but how does she seem like a nice girl? I read the posts too and saw NOTHING describing her personality even REMOTELY close enough to make a judgment like that. For all you know she could just want sex from him. We have no idea.

My view? I don't see a big deal between your friend's age and hers. I don't think anyone really would. That's just three years apart. It'd be the same as a college senior dating a college frehsman (Lord knows that THAT happens enough!) So if they want to get together, don't let THAT stop them.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    honestly, two years is nothing. most couples are atleast two years apart in age. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

what if two people are 8 years apart?

i have a confession to make, my friend is actually me. i didn't know what to think of it at first. i was actually at a loss for words when this whole thing happened. i apologize to everyone here for lying. i'm speechless right now as to what to do. i really like her a lot but once i found out she was still in high school, it was the same feeling as tho i got kicked in the nuts...and no, i don't want her for just the sex, i want to know her. some people i know think i'm after her for the physical part of it all, which is totally untrue.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    2 years, 8 years... it doesn't really matter. i think that anna nicole and that old guy took the cake. what matters is that both people can relate to one another on the same level. raverboy

have a confession to make, my friend is actually me.
    I figured as much. But I played along.
    what if two people are 8 years apart?
    The last girl I dated was 6 years older than me. The girl before her, 2 years older and the girl before her was 7 years older. It's all how you get along.
    i'm speechless right now as to what to do. i really like her a lot but once i found out she was still in high school, it was the same feeling as tho i got kicked in the nuts...
    See? That's the 'kicker' that Eliana doesn't understand. While it's not a number difference that matters, it's a maturity, life experience difference that matters. She's in high school, and it's making you feel a little awkward. But if she's mature enough, then you may as well give it a go. Sure it'd be a little 'wierd' at first cause she still refers to weeknights as "school nights" and stuff, but if you two are at about the same level you should be fine.

Alexi

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    never be afraid of your own problems... everyone has their fair share. raverboy

i wasn't afraid of the problem, i'm more concerned with how i can relate to her. that's the part i worry about.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Originally posted by PandaCivic
    i have a confession to make, my friend is actually me.
    i think that you shouldn't worry because no one here knows who you are, and if we did... it wouldn't be our biggest concern. raverboy

true, but still, i like to keep things honest especially when everyone here is trying to help "me" out.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah...wasn't that my point to begin with? raverboy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast