+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help! i need advice from guys, please!

help! i need advice from guys, please!

alright, i've never done one of these forum things before but i thought i would give it a shot!

i've been working at a restaurant for about three months now and there's this cute waiter there,bryan, that i like. i didnt plan on having any kind of romantic feelings for him but while we work together, usually 3 days/week, our conversations have become closer.

haha we both are huge flirts so there's been a fun kind of chemistry from day one. we have covered every kind of subject from relationships, to religion, to friends, and much more. the funny thing is that we see eye-to-eye on everything we talk about. he has also opened up to me in a serious way that he hasnt shared with anyone else. he even sends home other waitresses early so he can have one on one time to talk with me.

i feel like he's the 'male version' of myself. even our career interests are in the same area. i can tell that he likes me by the way he talks to me and now he looks for any excuse to sit next to me while its not busy, have me help with his food orders in the back room, etc etc.

haha my friends came to visit me (it was three guys) and of course i gave them hugs and talked with them for about 20 minutes. it was funny because i would always see bryan peeking around corners and watching me carefully in his normal flirty way. in the kitchen we were talking about how happy i was to see them and he jokingly said "well i can tell they LIKE you" and i just smiled and said "well so do you" and he smiled while carrying a tray of food out the door and said "yea, so what?"

i can tell that he has taken an interest in me on an intelectual level and i want to slowly improve this side of our current friendship but i also would love for it to turn into a relationship. could anyone please give me advice on what i should do and should NOT do?

i've never had a problem getting guys but this ones special, he's everything ive been looking for, and i really dont want to mess this up

help pleaseeeeee!!! i dont want to ask my girlfriends because id rather have a guys opinion. so what should i do to get him and not scare him away?

In the wastelands between insomnia and clarevoiance
    O.K. - Well, from your story, I would say that it certainly seems like he does like you, and has romantic feelings for you. You could always ask him out: Some guys think thats great in a girl, some guys feel it's their obligation to ask the girl out. I personally, would love it if a girl asked me out, but thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by heatherLyn
    he looks for any excuse to sit next to me while its not busy
    This is the major indicator. If he's actively making excuses to sit by you, he is interested in you.

Quote Originally Posted by heatherLyn
    i just smiled and said "well so do you" and he smiled while carrying a tray of food out the door and said "yea, so what?"
    This, to me... in conjunction with the above quote, means that you need to show that you are defiantly interested in him. You, if you don't already, should make any excuse to sit by him and talk to him.

What you should do:
    Talk to your girlfriends
    Be yourself
    Ask him out?

What you shouldn't do:
    Pretend to be someone else - I can't stress this enough. You should never ever need to be someone else to get someone to go out with you. It's clear that he likes you for who you are, so continue to be yourself.
    BACAMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Charity is gay.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i don't see an issue ... it sounds like you have everything on lock ... if he really is everything you're looking for, then you don't have to worry about messing up because being yourself should suffice.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

go on...get 'im

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    it's already set up for you.. you just have to ask him out for a beer, to watch a movie.. anything. it's so easy.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

yea i just sent him a message online, cuz he doesnt have a phone right now, and asked him out with a few friends for some beer and good times. he read the message but didnt reply. im hoping that he's just checking his schedule or something....or maybe i freaked him out because he didnt mean to 'lead me on' in that way

Hmm... he could be going estatic.
    BACAMO
    Charity is gay.

Maybe he's frantically registering on LoveForum to ask, "What do I do???"
    Spammer Spanker

Totally...
    BACAMO
    Charity is gay.

Yeah he definately likes you because he was worried about your male friends

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    people worry too damn much.

raverboy

yea it seemed as though he liked me but the night before we were planning on going out with friends he said he definatly would call me in the morning. and i waited around for an extra almost 2 hours after my other friends went. he didnt call me. or message me in any way. it's pretty much a slap in the face. i even bought him a ticket.

we are working together later this week. im thinking that ill wait for HIM to talk to ME. but i'm not sure how i should react to the situation.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    f*ck him.. he blew you off once.. do you really need another reason to get another slap in your face??

raverboy

Listen to Raver. If he treats you like that once, he's an insensitive prick. If you let him do it again, you're an idiot. See how that works?

Forget him. You can do better.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    wow.. finally i got someone to listen to me. now i can die a happy man.

raverboy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast