+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insecurity

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Eggs and rice? Together?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yup, don't you eat that for breakfast sometimes?? and i guess that you didn't catch the irony in how easy it is to cook a couple of eggs and eat them with a bowl of rice.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    oh then you dunno of my skills.... eggs and rice baby all the way.

raverboy
    add bacon.

I have insecurities about certain things, mostly about being left and/ or cheated on, but I try very hard not to let them affect the life I'm leading. If I allowed my insecurities to run rampant, I would probably end up picking fights with my boyfriend constantly or doing something stupid like a preemptive strike to end the relationship on my own terms.

Yes, they're a big deal. Vashti's right. They're disgustingly unattractive to witness in your chosen mate. I try to keep a lid on them.
    Spammer Spanker

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    huh?!?! did someone ask for some spam with their breakfast of champions??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

ya everyone has an insecurity, girls definitely don't dig it. I faked my confidence for a while until my insecurities came out in my relationship later on. I dated this very attractive girl and I didnt think I stacked up to her. My advice is work out, take up a sport, do something to make ya feel positive, it works

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    that was geared towards vash..mike.. honestly i don' tcare what you look like.

raverboy
    ah my bad.

well im generally not an insecure person. i mean what you go through makes you stronger, ya know? but to me i've never understood why being insecure about at least something is bad. i would think its very unrealistic to find someone who isnt insecure about anything in their lives.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    As far as I can tell my girlfriend is blessedly free of insecurities. My ex was riddled with them. It makes an incredible difference.

My own insecurities are pretty shallow, things like am I intelligent and comepent enought to be successful, member of society.

As far as relationships go, I don't really have any. It's funny but I can't imagine any girl I'm with cheating on me. The thought just never enters my head. Or leaving me for that matter. I think its got something to do with my parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    As far as relationships go, I don't really have any. It's funny but I can't imagine any girl I'm with cheating on me. The thought just never enters my head. Or leaving me for that matter. I think its got something to do with my parents.
    You should tell them this. That made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Good job, mom & dad!
    Spammer Spanker

Insecurities are not good, especially when they are hidden. I did that for over a year and it tore me apart. I think it gives you a very distorted view of the relationship.

I think total security can be mistaken for arrogance. I fell into this category as well. You mentioned about being unsure about things or opinions. I think being open minded and accepting the possibility that you are wrong is the way to go, but you must have an opinion on things.

i'm insecure, i overthink every single thing i do and think people are reading in to it too much and it prevents me from doing a lot like approaching people in any capcity, however this has had a different result than it's had for you maybe.
    for me people just see me as over-confident and someone to avoid, a c**t in a matter of speaking.
    basically what i'm saying is no matter how insecure you are, you don't know how you're being percieved and you can always fake it.
    whether or not that's good (i would say it's not) is another matter, but you can always fake things.

My boyfriend is an example of someone oozes insecurity. I think the underlying reason for him feeling this way is because he probably wasn't shown enough affection when he was younger and now that he has someone like me, who loves him whole heartedly, he might be feeling a little insecure about losing me. he's very overprotective and has low self esteem. I think insecurity comes hand in hand with trust. You need to be able to trust that who you are is good enough, before you rely on others to make you feel that way.
    "We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little bit of each other everywhere."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12