+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is a friend interested/trying to flirt?

Is a friend interested/trying to flirt?

I have a female friend who I've known for 2 years now. We're pretty good friends, and never anything more. We have a lot in common, but I always kind of figured she was out of my league and only thought of her as a friend. We also have a class together this semester. She broke up with her boyfriend a few weeks ago (who is also a friend of mine), but it wasn't a bad break up as far as I know, they're still friends and all.

Anyway, recently I've been getting a vibe that she's interested or flirting with me or something. She's always been a really affectionate, touchy feely girl, which kind of makes it hard to tell. It just seems like she's trying to talk to me more when she sees me around school or walking to/from class. She said that we should take some of our online quizzes for a class together. Just recently she's also been calling me for various reasons, like class or something, and then staying on the phone and talking about other stuff for 30 minutes or so, which she had never done before (I'm also not normally one to have long phone conversations like that). Earlier today I had a missed call from her and didn't get a chance to call her until about an hour later, and she jokingly asked what took me so long and if I had a hot date or something. I don't know if she's just being her normal friendly self or if she's interested all of the sudden. It reminds me a lot of a friend who was interested in me last year, but I've known her longer and never really thought she was interested.

Thanks,
    Crispy

Tone Guest
    Could be she's interested (would sure seem that way) or she could just be gettin her flirt on now that she's fresh out a relationship!

I say if you're interested - turn up the heat! Go for it! I think she likes you!

She seems to bite her lip a lot when she talks to me sometimes. I have a few posters of models in my room (like most guys my age), and she always looks at them when she comes into my room. Do girls normally do this? She also seems to just look around my room when she comes in, like she's checking it out or something. What do you all think?

We've been close friends for a couple years, so I always thought we were just friends and never considered it an option. Does it sound like she's interested or not? I'm afraid I'll weird her out and mess up our friendship if I come on too strong and she ends up not being interested after all.

- Crispy

I think she's definitely interested, but you should proceed with caution. You don't want to be the rebound guy. It's hard to say if she's just feeling particularly needy or if she's looking at you as the next boyfriend. I guess you should just keep doing what you're doing, maybe call her a bit more often and see if it brings any result.

As far as having pictures of models up on your walls, I must advise you to take them down. Yes, it's pretty normal, but it's also not something girls really like. Actually, what I think when I see stuff like that is, "This guy clearly doesn't expect to have female company, does he?"
    Spammer Spanker

lucky bastard

hmmm,well I was in the same situation as you just a few days ago. Everything turned out happily ever after,it sounds like she likes you,the biting her lip thing is a giveaway.take down the posters and go for it!
    "Nobody , so long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life , is without trouble. Carl jung