+ Follow This Topic

Thread: you know that feeling....?

you know that feeling....?

hey folk, haven't been on here for quite some time!
    anyways.
    long story short i needed a little advice since i'm getting back into the swing of things on here.
    you know that feeling when you feel like you should talk to someone, you need to? cos i'm having it.
    at school (university) i am in a couple of classes with this one guy who has been intriguing me a lot. other than an actual physical attraction to him the things he says have been rearing me up (i go for the smarty pants)
    anyways, i will catch him looking at me through the corner of my eye or will see him without making actual eye contact but as soon as i do he looks away quickly or if he's smiling at something i've said when i look at him he immediately stops.
    what's that supposed to me?
    anyways, so i really have no reason to approach him and if i were to say, "hi" i think it would be quite obvious that i was interested in him, even if for no reason.
    is there a way i could get him to talk to me? i doubt it.
    how could i subtly make a move.
    any suggestions about what i could do next time a see him without being obvious, because it would be irrational, and without looking like one of those "stupid" girls i'm not too fond of?
    thanks!

oooh i love this type of feeling, hooray for crushes! BUT ANYWAY...

it really sounds as if he's kinda interested in you too...
    what you could do is maybe ask him for a pen...or try to maybe just mention something about one of your other classes to him while you're in a different class. THIS way he'll know you noticed him around the building. But the conversation is still totally safe if it goes south and that way you dont have to feel like you "made a move"

Just say, "hey, uh you're in my bio class right? Do you remember which chapter we had to read?" --- " oh thanks, good thing YOU were paying attention..." giggle smile, do your thing girl!

good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by alidile View Post
    anyways, so i really have no reason to approach him and if i were to say, "hi" i think it would be quite obvious that i was interested in him, even if for no reason.
    i
    And that would be a bad thing? It sounds like he has noticed you, and possibly requires a bit of a green light to proceed. A smile and a "Hi" would do nicely, and wouldn't be forward at all.
    Spammer Spanker

Here's a guy's perspective...we like it a lot when a girl initiates contact and is the first to show interest. The worst that can happen is that he's not interested but you still made his day, and I guarantee he won't think it's weird that you approached him.
    BROKEN HEARTS ARE FOR ASSHOLES.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's very true what the guy above me said. Girls are used to having guys approach them, so naturally they think less of it when that happens and can reject a guy without probably even feeling a thing or thinking anything of it.

On the other hand, girls approach guys far less (sorry to state the obvious). So if you DO approach him, it will be a very, very pleasant surprise for him. I can almost guarantee he would like it. No, he wouldn't think it is weird, he would think it is awesome because it's something that never happens!

I agree with the above. It's nice when a girl makes a move. As long as she's genuine.

Its called CONFIDENCE! Women have the power! Make him succumb to you girl! on your way out of class wait for him or something and say hi! Hell make small chat with him. Some one has to got to start somewhere. Some men wont even approach us gals for the lack of being REJECTED. So you make the move. Its not lame to say hi. Make something up, but do SOMETHING! Hes shown some eye contact so there ya go!

MAY THE CONFIDENCE BE WITH YOU
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's kind of cute though when a girl approaches a guy. As long as it isn't persistent at all- persistence is ****ing ANNOYING for most guys. HOWEVER, simply approaching a guy is attractive because it is cute in that there is a display of confidence but women are the weaker sex. That's another way it can be looked at.

i was thinking of saying hi and then walking away, smiling or something and seeing what happens there, being almost mysterious as cheesy as that sounds, i have class with him today :S
    thanks for the replies thus far, i'll tell how things go!

Quote Originally Posted by alidile View Post
    i was thinking of saying hi and then walking away, smiling or something and seeing what happens there, being almost mysterious as cheesy as that sounds, i have class with him today :S
    thanks for the replies thus far, i'll tell how things go!
    Well, don't cross the line between mysterious and weird. If he feels like he's being messed about, he won't like it.
    Spammer Spanker

so i made contact!
    the fates interceded though, which is kinda unnerving.
    i got to class as it was starting and almost all the seats were taken so i plopped into the closest available one and when i finally sorted my head out enough i saw that he was sitting beside me in a class of 70 people.
    anyways, so i started conversation just asking about what his major was and if he likes the school and all and then after class he followed me out and made some comment or other about the class, told me to have a good wknd and said he hoped to see me next week in class.
    very light conversation.
    now what.

Now you keep having conversations. =) Talk to him when you can, it certainly can't hurt. And it's far easier to move to a more, ah, interesting relationship when you know a bit more about each other first.

case closed! all is well. THANKS