+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saying "love" too soon, what to think? CRAZY?!?

Saying "love" too soon, what to think? CRAZY?!?

What would you think if a girl you just met told you that she loved you?

I had sex with her the first night and after we were going at it for awhile, she told me she loved me. Granted that it was in the heat of the moment, but the way she was looking at me was crazy.

Maybe crazy is the right word here?

After we were done, she asked me to hold her for the rest of the night. She said that she thought that something really bad was going to happen if I left. I didn't know what that meant, but she looked scared as shit. I thought that she may have meant something bad was going to happen to me!!

So I stayed till morning when all our friends came back. She told me, while still in bed, that she loved me. I just stumbled over a response.

Something along these lines has happened to me three different times. Do girls usually tell you that they love you the first time they meet you, or the first sexual experience?

BTW, I'm 27 and the girls are 24-27 as well.

Well, I'm not a guy so I've never been in the situation. But that seems really odd. She seems like a freako! Something bad's going to happen? I think she's been reading too many romance novels.
    What to say? I have noo clue. Just smile and do something to detract from the moment. A scene in one particular corny teen drama (I think it might have been the OC) made me laugh:

her: I love you
    him: ....
    him:.... thank you
    her: you're, ah, welcome.

lol...I think she is just afraid of the night...

Wow. Sounds like you've got yourself a little project, there. She's going to be a rollercoaster ride, for sure. Can't wait to hear how this one turns out.
    Spammer Spanker

You say it when you feel it.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Wow. Sounds like you've got yourself a little project, there. She's going to be a rollercoaster ride, for sure. Can't wait to hear how this one turns out.
    +1

She may have meant it, but she doesn't understand it. She loves how you made her feel. She doesn't love *you*. How could she, without really knowing you?

If you're worried, just tell her the difference. Nicely, and that you're flattered. Its called being gentlemanly.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Funny, I've been wondering of late when I should tell my girlfriend I love her. November 25th will the a 1 year anniversary since we started officially dating. But the urge to utter the 3 words has been plaguing me for a while now. As we spend time together, and have gotten to know each other more and more, I've only felt more sure of those words.

Not a guy, so I may not actually be qualified to answer this... "Ask a male" and all. XD Still, I do have some idea. People in general have different ideas of "I love you". You'll hear it in high schools all the time, for example, when it's extremely unlikely that the people involved even know what love really is. "Love" is gradually becoming the equivalent of "like", or so it seems to me. Especially in a very emotional situation such as sex... So in that sense, I agree with Indi. She probably doesn't see "love" as the same kind of thing you do, which is what makes it awkward on your part. That's what I think, anyway.

Well I guess that it all depends on your definition of love.
    "Making plans to change the world, while the world is changing us."

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That is freakin' crazy. She sounds like she is very emotionally unstable. If I were you, I'd run for my life.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Stirfry Guest
    Why don't you just talk to her about it? Maybe she does love you. Was it her first time?

Sry wrong forum

Well, I think she looked crazy because of YOU. Have you thought about that? Because of who you seem to be she was scared to death about what your reaction would be when she told you she loves you, she is afraid you feel different and will leave her naked and hurt in the end, which she doesn't know how to handle. And maybe that's true, maybe that's the kind of guy you really are, you seem to be a such guy from the way you express yourself and from the thoughts you seem to have. Maybe that's why she's scared. Think about it. Of course it's very likely that she loves you after being so intimate with you. Did you expect her to do it only for the sex? You seem to have a hard time to understand that people have feelings and act upon them. This is mostly about you.

No, they don't say the L-word. Usually, they are smiling and cuddling with me and not saying anything. Of course, I'm usually out like a light after sex, so I am not really listening.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Haha, that's weird shit. Afraid something bad is gonna happen to her if you leave?!? Sounds like she was on the verge of having a panic attack or depressive crash. She might be manic or something

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast