+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the best place to meet women?

What is the best place to meet women?

I'm out of college and ready to start dating, or at least make an effort to start looking. I'm wondering where you meet women or girls?

I really am not interested in bars or clubs any more, unfortunately. I've never had great results with my hook-ups there.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    it all depends what sort of guy you are looking for, and what type of girl you are.

being that you said you're not into the bar or club scene, i think it was either vash or giga that said starbucks. also if you're really into school and shit, then you can join some clubs, sports, or check out the library. school events are another big winner.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I guess I should have been more clear. I'm a guy looking for girls..

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha all i did was read your topic and off with the information i went. well just the opposite, take my advice and just change the genders around.

raverboy

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think coffeshops, bookstores, and libraries.

Also, try a running club if you are athletic. My sister met a ton of men that way.

I also understand that golf courses are good, so maybe you can take up golf?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Borrow a puppy and go to the park. You'll be surrounded by women. Also, bring a frisbee. Many females (myself included) can't trow a frisbee to save their lives and would love a lesson.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    is it really that hard to throw a frisbee?? i could understand if you couldn't throw a hammer or a shot put, but a frizbee??

raverboy

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I think coffeshops, bookstores, and libraries.
    Now there are three places you will NEVER find me. I do drink a lot of Coffee though. Wait...did you also say golf? seriously? All I see is rich 60+ old men there.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Borrow a puppy and go to the park. You'll be surrounded by women. Also, bring a frisbee. Many females (myself included) can't trow a frisbee to save their lives and would love a lesson.
    I totally agree about that part with the dog. I give my dog a walk sometimes during the daytime, (miniature double-dappled dauchaund), and I have a Macey's day parade going on behind me..

I mean, I walk me dog with no leash to begin with, (which is great, because alot of women see that as the easiest way to start a conversation); "omg, that's amazing that it's so well-trained; wow, what kind of dog is that?; boy or girl?; what's it's name? is it friendly?".. And her name is (Amore'), it's Brazilian Protuguese.

Now, if you don't have a dog, that's trained to walk next to you, that's naturally happy & cute & loves to play with people... you're not out of luck.. Believe me.. I don't meet women while walking my dog.. i'm simply trying to walk my dog!

So, where's the best place to meet women? (NOT IN BARS/CLUBS).. Two reasons why they're NOT great places to meet women:

(1). They have their guard up; and rightfully so! Clubs & Bars have two things in common, and one of them is alcohol! Even if a woman is with friends, her guard is always up, making it harder for her to open up to you, and less responsive.

(2). The second thing these places have in common are guys deperate to find women, and vise versa to be fair. But chances are, she's been getting attention all night (either REAL attention, or in her head). Either way, you're just some other guy that's comming up to her.. so prepare to be AMAZING.. not ORDINARY.. Secondly, there is alot of social pressure for her to be on her best behavior, for her to hide her signals to not give away the fact that she likes you, etc. This high stress, defensive environment is probably the WORST place to meet women.

So fine, you get it, no BARS, no CLUBS... so where is the best place to meet women? It depends on one thing, and one thing only.. (Where the place you feel most comfortable in?)

The best place to meet women, is a place you feel comfortable in...

- If you like reading, try a bookstore. Chances are, not too many guys are in the bookstore (at least not any which will start trying to hit on women). Also, the bookstore is a filter. Sure, you have your occassional Mom & Grandma go by, but most of the time (women at a bookstore are active & energetic, besides intellectuals.. so chances are, they're no nut-cases, and they're not ugly/unfit). Now, the golden rule about the book-store is, stay away from the children's section & parenting/baby section! Try instead the Nutrition, Fiction, Love/Erotic novel sections. Women don't hang around the computer & physics section; so don't waste your time, because if you find a woman there, she probably knows more than you can offer to tell her. Lastly, conversation flows easily. (Excuse me/I'm sorry, what book is that, that's an interesting book, I love that author, I'm a big fan of ___, etc.)

- Not into reading.. ok, fine; join the 90-something% of the male population. Chances are, you need food, and things for the house, so you need to shop. Now I know what you're thinking.. (when people are shopping, they are just looking for what they came in to get, pay and go home). Well, yes, that's true; if you're a guy! But have you SEEN women shop? They don't STOP! This gives you plenty of time casually bump in (Omg, i'm so sorry, are u ok? I just get so lost in these places, do you know where the ____ is? Thank you so much). Seems like it's stopped there? No way.. That's the initial grocery store (hi!). That one sentence is not about content, but rather how smooth & confident u are when u say it; what signals you give; etc. (You can be holding a can of Cambell's Soup, and still come off as attractive & sexy just by being lost). Chances are, you're going to go around, pick up some things, and see her again. (Never shopped before? Perfect!).. Say something like.. (I actually just moved in here, and like, i'm so lost, I have no idea what to fill up my fridge with, what do you usually come here and get?).. It's friendly, up-beat.. and depending how you say it.. very sexual & appealing. Now, you'll both wind up at the cash register, when you do.. (Thank you so much for the help, I'm ____ btw)... That's it.. it's that simple... Let her dwell on the fact that she might never see you again for a while... let her feel slightly sad about you not asking her for her number... and just as she's about to leave (or you, whichever is on the line first), say.. (Oh.. I didn't get your number.. you know.. just in case you ever get bored of comming to the same old place.. lol.. "you're implying food... and therefore implying that you'll want to meet in the future to get some food..")..

- Ok, so your male ego can't handle all the border-line gay ideas i've been feeding you so far? That's fine.. I understand.. none of my single guy friends want to take my advice either.. But I think this one is the least objectionable.. and maybe you've even tried it.. (Casual Social parties). NOT corporate meetings, or formal parties... just casual.. friends getting together.. going over a friends place when he's called other people... or even hosting a party yourself... Chances are.. guys & girls alike will always bring friends along.. and the more parties you attend/host.. the greater the chances are that you'll finally meet someone single & interesting! And when you do.. conversations should just flow naturally.. Afterall, her guard is down, you're ALL around friends.. and at a very safe place... so it's really the perfect environment for meeting women... all you need is friends who know single women who interest you..

If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I also understand that golf courses are good, so maybe you can take up golf?
    Golf courses = social networking.

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    - If you like reading, try a bookstore. Chances are, not too many guys are in the bookstore (at least not any which will start trying to hit on women). Also, the bookstore is a filter. Sure, you have your occassional Mom & Grandma go by, but most of the time (women at a bookstore are active & energetic, besides intellectuals.. so chances are, they're no nut-cases, and they're not ugly/unfit). Now, the golden rule about the book-store is, stay away from the children's section & parenting/baby section! Try instead the Nutrition, Fiction, Love/Erotic novel sections. Women don't hang around the computer & physics section; so don't waste your time, because if you find a woman there, she probably knows more than you can offer to tell her. Lastly, conversation flows easily. (Excuse me/I'm sorry, what book is that, that's an interesting book, I love that author, I'm a big fan of ___, etc.)
    Bookstores are only good if one you read and two your in a section you know a thing or two about. And I do not know why you said to stay away from girls that are in the computer section. The girls that are in that section are most probably going to be the smart intelligent ones.

- Not into reading.. ok, fine; join the 90-something% of the male population. Chances are, you need food, and things for the house, so you need to shop. Now I know what you're thinking.. (when people are shopping, they are just looking for what they came in to get, pay and go home). Well, yes, that's true; if you're a guy! But have you SEEN women shop? They don't STOP! This gives you plenty of time casually bump in (Omg, i'm so sorry, are u ok? I just get so lost in these places, do you know where the ____ is? Thank you so much). Seems like it's stopped there? No way.. That's the initial grocery store (hi!). That one sentence is not about content, but rather how smooth & confident u are when u say it; what signals you give; etc. (You can be holding a can of Cambell's Soup, and still come off as attractive & sexy just by being lost). Chances are, you're going to go around, pick up some things, and see her again. (Never shopped before? Perfect!).. Say something like.. (I actually just moved in here, and like, i'm so lost, I have no idea what to fill up my fridge with, what do you usually come here and get?).. It's friendly, up-beat.. and depending how you say it.. very sexual & appealing. Now, you'll both wind up at the cash register, when you do.. (Thank you so much for the help, I'm ____ btw)... That's it.. it's that simple... Let her dwell on the fact that she might never see you again for a while... let her feel slightly sad about you not asking her for her number... and just as she's about to leave (or you, whichever is on the line first), say.. (Oh.. I didn't get your number.. you know.. just in case you ever get bored of comming to the same old place.. lol.. "you're implying food... and therefore implying that you'll want to meet in the future to get some food..")..
    I am sorry but not every guy is a player, and I personally think what you said was on the lame side. Girls love to give out advice on almost anything. You be much better off if you ask where something is in the grocery store and follow up with what you plan on making (what girl doesn't like a guy that can cook). Or ask a girl in a grocery store what she think will go well with some dish.

- Ok, so your male ego can't handle all the border-line gay ideas i've been feeding you so far? That's fine.. I understand.. none of my single guy friends want to take my advice either.. But I think this one is the least objectionable.. and maybe you've even tried it.. (Casual Social parties). NOT corporate meetings, or formal parties... just casual.. friends getting together.. going over a friends place when he's called other people... or even hosting a party yourself... Chances are.. guys & girls alike will always bring friends along.. and the more parties you attend/host.. the greater the chances are that you'll finally meet someone single & interesting! And when you do.. conversations should just flow naturally.. Afterall, her guard is down, you're ALL around friends.. and at a very safe place... so it's really the perfect environment for meeting women... all you need is friends who know single women who interest you..
    Social parties are very good ways to pick up girls. As well as trade shows, conventions, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    Women don't hang around the computer ... section
    Aww, my favorite section. I'm always on the lookout for a good reference text. =) I usually don't see /people/ around that section, though. But I agree with jurupa in that the women you do see there will be intelligent ones. And you don't have to know more about it than they do--just have a decent interest in learning some of it, even if it's just html or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonchild View Post
    Aww, my favorite section. I'm always on the lookout for a good reference text. =) I usually don't see /people/ around that section, though. But I agree with jurupa in that the women you do see there will be intelligent ones. And you don't have to know more about it than they do--just have a decent interest in learning some of it, even if it's just html or something.
    Yes, but hence I said, "women won't hang out around the computer section".. I didn't say.. "don't look for women that hang out around the computer section"... the two are quite different statements.

Ah, sorry, I should have quoted more. The second bit of that was more in reference to "so don't waste your time, because if you find a woman there, she probably knows more than you can offer to tell her."

Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    I am sorry but not every guy is a player, and I personally think what you said was on the lame side. Girls love to give out advice on almost anything. You be much better off if you ask where something is in the grocery store and follow up with what you plan on making (what girl doesn't like a guy that can cook). Or ask a girl in a grocery store what she think will go well with some dish
    yes, not every guy is a player, and neither am I. I hate that word, and that's not what I am. I simply understand the rules of attraction. And this question was obviously asked by someone who has yet to discover them. There's no shame in that. In fact, there's nothing to be proud about either when you understand women, (it comes naturally with time), the person asking just wants to speed up the process.

Telling a woman that you're thinking of cooking some dish, or what would go well with ____... is not a bad idea.. if this isn't your first encounter... But chances are, if you're new at this.. trying that little stunt will come off as fake, dishonest, and even desperate. So lay off the Iron-Chef approach on your first encounter... If you really want her to think you cook, or draw attention to the fact you cook, it's really simple..

Remember, to get across to women, don't think like a man. Instead of telling her you cook, or asking her what she thinks a good tip is... let her take that step on her own.. Afterall, you were looking for something.. (Alfredo Sauce) maybe? Well, if your cart is filled with beer and chips.. you're not fooling anyone.. But if your cart is filled with pasta, steaks, perhaps a bottle of wine... that spells out a whole different character for you... When you ask that question, naturally, her eyes will first land on you.. then wander slowly to your cart.. then she will decide whether you are interesting or not.. and then will look back at you..

Now, if you're not interesting.. she won't look at you or will give you a fake (polite) smile and tell you were you can find the sauce... if she DOES think you're interesting.. she will look at you.. her face will soften and a smile-like face will start to appear.. at this point.. she herself will want to continue the conversation... she might ask you something like.. (what kind of sauce are you thinking of making exactly?, you know since you're making pasta ____ wouldn't be a bad idea to go along with that).. etc... Now, if you're playing the role of the Iron-Chef... be prepared to ask the female version of (do you have a boyfriend?)... it goes something like.. (are you trying to cook this for/impress someone special?)...

Now, most guys say (no).. but that's actually not the best answer... Look at yourself in the mirror.. accept that you're an Alpha-Male, a winner, a stud.. whatever works for you... assure yourself that you're good bf material.. and build up your confidence with some casual social flirting... now.. next time you find yourself in this situation.. and the woman asks you.. (are you trying to cook this for someone special?)... you can be ready to say something like.. (well, that all depends on I can get your number), or, (maybe, if I can have your number)... It's pretty much a done deal from there..

I know.. it might seem a bit unrealistic to say things like this to attractive women at this point in time.. but all you need is some confidence in yourself & your looks, and some faith in the quality of (man) you are... when you have that though.. all of this will come naturally...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would kill myself if I got stuck in the computer section. Even the sports section would be better.

As for the cooking instruction, I think that is a great idea.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast