+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this cheating?

Is this cheating?

hey guys, i have a lil prob that i dont know if it's cheating or not. well, this happened over on facebook (i think many people know what that is, rite?)

well, the story goes like this...

back in june this yr, my bf suddenly talked to his ex, who is a gd friend of mine back in high school. (he basically never talks to his ex ever since we all graduated from high school) then, because of them were trying to lose weight, my bf proposed that whoever couldnt lose as much would treat the other person for bubbletea. when i found out that back then, i got pretty bothered by that. then, he told me that if i didnt want him to have that bet, he would cancel it. but i was like, "No. It's alright. i dont want to control you." so, now, it's october and i saw their conversations online and he said they should go for bubbletea some time. but, my friend didnt really say yes.

so, i dont know...im mad at him right now. but, im 99% sure that he doesnt know that im mad about this.

also, to make things worse, he sent her a growing gift...

so, am i just being jealous or...i dont quite know myself...

umm i'd really like to help, but i can't understand the situation. can you rephrase it..cos all im getting is something about losing weight and bubbletea???
    "We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little bit of each other everywhere."

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What on God's green earth is bubble tea??

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    What on God's green earth is bubble tea??
    ahaha!! you are so funny Charlie Boy II! Bubble tea is basically a commercial beverage..made up of tea with little black round balls of jelly that sink to the bottom. It tastes alright!

Thanks for making me laugh!!
    "We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little bit of each other everywhere."

I don't understand this at all..
    wtf is a growing gift? Bubbletea has been explained, but...
    but from what I can understand, this is not cheating and you're over-reacting.

well, this happened basically all on facebook (or fb for short). they had a bet saying whoever loses less weight will treat the other person for bubbletea (or bbt for short). (they both want to lose weight, so my bf proposed this bet). i got kinda bothered when i found that out back in june. then, a few days ago, my bf wrote his ex a message on her wall asking her whether they'll go for bbt or not. his ex didnt say yes or no, but i got pretty annoyed and dont want to talk to him already.

and the growing plant thing is also on fb. it's an application that friends can send plants to each other on fb. he had that application for a long time already, but he hasnt really use it until a few days ago. but you guys can kind of ignore the growing plant part.

thanks!

hope i clarify it a bit. *crosses fingers*

Just sounds like he's being friendly with his ex--it's far from cheating, especially over Facebook. Relationships don't all end badly; some of us stay friends with the people we once had a romantic interest in, and it doesn't hurt anything. But if it really makes you uncomfortable, you should talk with him about it. Just don't accuse him of anything, and you'll be fine.

No it's not cheating at all. If the bubbletea really stresses you, ask if you can go with them. He should be fine with that, but even if he's not it could be just because it was a bet between the two of them. If he gets a little TOO friendly with her in PERSON, then you should start worrying.