+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Your Views on Casual Sex

Your Views on Casual Sex

I have to admit I have had more than my fair share of one night stands

I see no problem with it as long as it doesn't make things awkward between them.
    "Making plans to change the world, while the world is changing us."

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My views on casual sex? I wish someone would do it with me!!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Young females tend to want to feel loved, and engage in casual sex to try to experience that feeling. Obviously, it doesn't work, so I don't know how great of an idea casual sex is for females.

I think males benefit disproportionately.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

As long as both people are emotionally stable and sart enough there should be no problem with it. However, sometimes that isn't the case, is it?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No.. It's a myth

My views? I wouldn't do it, myself. Seems pointless to me, and only likely to cause problems... It's not like I've felt the need for sex in the nearly 20 years I've been alive, and I doubt I'll ever see the need until (if) I get married or something. But whether anyone else does it is their business, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by gaddes View Post
    I have to admit I have had more than my fair share of one night stands
    Wow, well, ur living every man's dream; as long as they are women who they would want to have sex with that is.

Anyway, I never had a one-night stand; Honestly! Would I want to? It depends who's around me when you ask me that question. Around my guy friends, (yes). When i'm alone, (No). That's only because I feel that you need so many different levels/layers of tension & attraction with a person to even make sex worth while.

Don't worry, I know ALOT of guys don't feel with way, so if you're a woman reading what i'm saying, please don't hold out on casual sex because you think this is what guys feel.

Now, I do have alot of female friends who I am very close with. I mean, for me; we're such good friends, it's like we're family. And there's nothing sexual about it, because they all know that i'm in a 2.5 year relationship right now. But there are still these moments when someone is going to have like an emotional breakdown or something go wrong in their life, and just needs someone to fall back on.

When that happens, I don't know, but there's just an impulse to have sex and make everything better. And like, if I was single; i'd have (no-strings attached sex). And, we'd still be friends the next day.

But, casual sex with someone you just met is not something that appealing to me; personally.
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The older I get the more I think one night stands are seedy - from a health point of view though, not a moral one.

If girl's going home with you on the same night she's met you, she's done it before. Probably many times. I'd rather go home and have a wank.

Casual sex with a friend/ acquaintance is a bit better in that respect. You've got a better idea of their past behaviour and there's a higher level of trust. It's still not really my cup of tea though. I am monogomous by nature, and I'm glad for it.

I had one encounter that was a one-night stand. We both knew he was moving away soon, we had been working together for months and found one another attractive, and he offered. He was very convincing. He promised, guaranteed, in fact, that i would have a good time.

It was enjoyable on a physical level- he certainly knew what he was doing, but I found it to be a bit shocking emotionally. I had a hard time really relaxing, I mean, he was so new. I knew him from work, but not with his pants off, right?

Anyway, I decided that one-offs weren't for me.
    Spammer Spanker

Tedel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by miSSleepy View Post
    As long as both people are emotionally stable and sart enough there should be no problem with it. However, sometimes that isn't the case, is it?
    Disgracefully, most of the times, it isn't the case.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Last Thursday night at a party I thought I was getting close to possibly hooking up, but I was too drunk to stand up straight. So I guess my perception may have been a tad bit skewed, but I do think I'm making progress. If I had made any progress to even 1st base, I would have been back here to announce it the next day happy as a clam. But I didn't, so... Damn!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Last Thursday night at a party I thought I was getting close to possibly hooking up, but I was too drunk to stand up straight. So I guess my perception may have been a tad bit skewed, but I do think I'm making progress. If I had made any progress to even 1st base, I would have been back here to announce it the next day happy as a clam. But I didn't, so... Damn!
    It's easier to take advantage of drunk girls if you're sober.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    It's easier to take advantage of drunk girls if you're sober.
    I think I would feel like a predator or kind of scummy if I purposely set out sober to hook up with a drunk girl.. But you are still right. Last Thursday I didn't even plan on going out, I just got really drunk with some friends and we played some pool and ping pong (horrible ping pong I might add) and my roommate asked if I wanted to go out... It was one of those nights where the 151 was washed down with vodka

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha so i had one in my life and that was it... i slept with a friend that i purely went on "personality" and shit did i regret it after. haha

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...