+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your views on prostitution

Your views on prostitution

I myself buy sex, and find nothing wrong with it.

It was St Augustine that made prostitution a bad thing. In the old days all girls had to sell their bodies at the temple. And often a woman would work there to please the God. And it was an honorable thing to do.

Most nations in the world today have legalized prostitution. But not nations too influenced by religion. Such as the United States and Afghanistan. Where people look into their holy books for moral guidance.

I don't have a bad view on women. I don't see women as objects.
    I do however wonder why not as many men sell their bodies.
    Japan is the only nation on Earth where the number of male prostitutes outnumber female.
    The Male prostitutes in Japan sell themselves to Women. Giving them fast satisfaction without any difficult rituals such as going to a bar and talk first.

I cant find anything more undemocratic than forbidding people to exchange sex for money when its between two consulting adults.

Trafficking and pimping is wrong. And I never buy a woman that is forced to do it. It's mostly college students wanting to be rich instead of poor.
    Another thing usually ignored is the number of males forced into prostitution, just 3 weeks ago I heard about a 15 year old boy on the radio. But thats another problem.

I know that a lot of women don't like the idea of prostitution, it might be cause they see it as a form of oppressing women or treat them like objects.

whats your views?

I can sort of see where you're coming from, but even the 'good' aspects of prostitution you mention are overshadowed by the 'bad'. That is, it is being abused with things such as forced prostitution, child prostitution etc.

Quote Originally Posted by miSSleepy View Post
    I can sort of see where you're coming from, but even the 'good' aspects of prostitution you mention are overshadowed by the 'bad'. That is, it is being abused with things such as forced prostitution, child prostitution etc.
    That isn't as common. Legalizing prostitution would bring down the forced prostitution on women. However, not in forced child prostitution.

But I don't see how this can be seen as a problem. Since this thread is not about ending prostitution cause it will always be there. Its about legalizing to take the forced prostitutions down.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't have a problem so much with consenting adults choosing to be prostitutes, but I think that very often, young girls who are not mature enough to give proper consent are exploited, not to mention foreign women who are forced into prostitution. Both of these scenarios are widespread in Japan.

[url]http://www.uri.edu/artsci/wms/hughes/japan.htm[/url]

About the male prostitutes outnumbering the females in Japan, I would have to see some statistics. I find that impossible to believe.

I also don't know what you mean about "In the old days all girls had to sell their bodies at the temple". What temple? When?
    Last edited by vashti; 10-10-07 at 01:51 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Tedel Guest
    I was once a bartender in a strip club, so I was surrounded by at least 80 prostitutes every night, without never hiring any of their services.

That said, what I have to say about prostitution is this: They are not bad women, in general, there are very needed women who didn't learn to solve their money problems in another way. Unfortunately, many men who look for their sexual services are bad men. They humiliate them unnecessarily, they force them to take drugs or to have lesbian contact just because they need the money. As a result, many end up as drug-addicts or lesbians.

I don't like prostitution. I have seen it, I have heard all the suffering and humiliation those women are exposed to and I will never want that for my sister or my girl friends.

Tedel Guest
    Just for the record, in Peru (where I live) prostitution is legal as long as you are registered as a sexual worker and comply with certain legal requirements.

Street prostitution is forbidden. Children prostitution is forbidden. Sexual tourism is largely prosecuted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedel View Post
    They humiliate them unnecessarily, they force them to take drugs or to have lesbian contact just because they need the money. As a result, many end up as drug-addicts or lesbians.
    Wow. I didn't know you could catch that.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Stalin_Skaya View Post
    The Male prostitutes in Japan sell themselves to Women. Giving them fast satisfaction without any difficult rituals such as going to a bar and talk first.
    Dammit! Give me a plane ticket to Japan!

I'm kidding!
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That isn't as common. Legalizing prostitution would bring down the forced prostitution on women. However, not in forced child prostitution.
    Depends on where you're from because forced/child prostitution is quite rampant in southeast Asia ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I do however wonder why not as many men sell their bodies.
    Probably quite a few reasons... One being it would be impossible to stay erect nonstop for an entire night and if you are with an ass ugly girl who wanted you to get stiff and couldn't...

For me at least, prostitution is just something to fall back on if I can't get it any other way. I think it's so ****ing stupid that it's pretty much illegal here in most parts of the US.... Because I wouldn't fly out to Las Vegas to just get laid. I hope it is legalized soon. It would really make the world a better place

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I think it's so ****ing stupid that it's pretty much illegal here in most parts of the US.... Because I wouldn't fly out to Las Vegas to just get laid. I hope it is legalized soon. It would really make the world a better place

We re-elected Bush. Ain't gonna happen.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonchild View Post
    1 more year and we might get lucky!

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonchild View Post
    Hooooold up a minute.. I didn't re-elect anyone, I couldn't vote yet

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Hooooold up a minute.. I didn't re-elect anyone, I couldn't vote yet
    You're a runt.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I don't have a problem so much with consenting adults choosing to be prostitutes, but I think that very often, young girls who are not mature enough to give proper consent are exploited, not to mention foreign women who are forced into prostitution. Both of these scenarios are widespread in Japan.
    see henry had the same idea as me, why do you think i'm returning to japan??

on the real, i don't have a problem with it. i would never pay for sex, but as long as things stay within the rules.. it's fine. again, how many times do things actually stay within reason though??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast