+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why? (Toilet Seat)

Why? (Toilet Seat)

Why is it that ALL women think us men should put the toilet seat down? Why don't you put it up for us? Seriously all my mom and sister yell about is how me and my brother don't put the seat down. Why does it matter? Can't you just look before you sit? Us guys look before we go to the bathroom. Is it because you don't care? Is it because you are lazy? Seriously this question is what is bugging me most about the opposite sex and seriously I find it ridiculous that girls can't just simply look down before sitting. You do it before you sit in a chair. Why is it any different? My mom always looks at the chair before she sits down yet for some unimaginable reason she can't before she goes to the bathroom. Please explain and there is no need to tell me that "it's polite" because then women should put the seat up for us and "be polite".

Well, first of all, it isn't ALL women.
    I for one have never cared about the stupid toilet seat and it pisses me off when I hear people going on about it all the time. It's such a dumb, trivial matter. I think both men and women should get over it.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You and your mother are BOTH wrong. You should both be putting the toilet seat AND lid down. Closing the lid before you flush prevents bacteria from splashing around the room. That is why a lid is provided when you buy a toilet seat.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by miSSleepy View Post
    Well, first of all, it isn't ALL women.
    Okay let me rephrase that...ALMOST ALL women

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    You and your mother are BOTH wrong. You should both be putting the toilet seat AND lid down. Closing the lid before you flush prevents bacteria from splashing around the room. That is why a lid is provided when you buy a toilet seat.
    Technically urine is sterile so I therefore don't believe in that fact.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Urine is only sterile if it doesn't touch the surrounding skin on its way out, and also provided there is no urinary infection.

Feces is NEVER sterile, and most people use the toilet to deposit their feces.

Therefore, one should never consider the toilet nor its contents to be sterile.
    Last edited by vashti; 13-10-07 at 12:12 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    As I understand it, women make a fuss about the toilet seat being left up because to them it's untidy. It's like an unmade bed.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Your mom and sister are bitches.

Its because it looks ugly.Imagine someone hasnt flushed,u walk into the room and find urslef looking at a load of piss and shit.niiiice ,I get pissed off when my family leave the seat up,and Im male.seriously its a matter of hygeine and manners
    "Nobody , so long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life , is without trouble. Carl jung

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by gartlas View Post
    Its because it looks ugly.Imagine someone hasnt flushed,u walk into the room and find urslef looking at a load of piss and shit.niiiice ,I get pissed off when my family leave the seat up,and Im male.seriously its a matter of hygeine and manners
    Right, because you would see it after you lifted the toilet seat up.

And you call yourself a male.

You think like a priss.

y do u hate me? oh well I dont care.and besides theres nothing wrong with not wanting to walk in to something like that.I gre wup with a mother who whas so fastidious its beyond belief and a father that dropped beer cans all over our garden (about 6 each day) and left the house so messy it sucked.thats why I like things to be clean
    "Nobody , so long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life , is without trouble. Carl jung