+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Moving to Oklahoma-

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think this is a very exciting time in your life!

I can't wait to hear about it.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

yeah,if it works ,if shes from oklahoma,he might find she sudenly transforms into a green bug eyed monster.

lol probably not but still much as I hate u frasbee ,and Im sure vice versa,good luck with it

ps.I am NOT a prissy, I am just hygeinic
    "Nobody , so long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life , is without trouble. Carl jung

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Most of my stuff is packed. I'm just deciding now what I'll take with me, and what I'll have shipped. I'm only drivin' an '87 Honda Accord, it runs well, it's just lacking in terms of torque, to say the least. So I'll be bringing the essentials, clothes, important documents. And my dad is gonna ship any electronics, cd's, dvd's, miscellaneous stuff later.

Checked the fluids in the car, just had an oil change and the inspection. Only thing I had to do was run out and buy some power steering fluid, but otherwise, the car is good to go.

I could've had the car packed a while ago. I'm just...I dunno. It's just so much stuff to remember. I'm leaving this computer behind. Figure I'll just buy a new one when I get out there. Probably a nice laptop. My brother just bought a PC and he does have cable internet, so it shouldn't be long before I'm on again. I backed up all my music and pictures to a portable hard drive, then deleted/uninstalled most everything from this computer.

I've thrown and given away so much. It's weird to purge so much of your life. But if feels kinda good. To just start new. In fact, I really don't have that much to start. I don't own that many clothes, and still I found plenty to donate. I donated about half of my books to a local library and then half of what was left to a friend. I swapped back in my old 128-bit video card and gave my 256-bit card to my buddy who's PC is weakest out of all my friends.

After I post this, I'm gonna clear the history, favorites, cookies, and browsing history.

I've already changed my address for all my bills. In fact, just today I went to enter my Philly zip code at the gas pump, and it came up as incorrect. Fortunately I've memorized my Oklahoma zip.

Anyway, that's enough of that. Thanks for the support. It's not like AmeriCorps, I'll be back soon enough. Probably by the end of the week even and give you all an update.

- Choi

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Drive safely!
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow, Fras. You know, I'm the biggest pessimist in the world when it comes to love but for some reason I think you're doing the right thing. Go for it, man. And tell us all about it.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

i'm so freaking happy for you.

just remember that even if everything doesn't go exactly according to plan, it doesn't mean your fresh start is tarnished. if that makes any sense.. it does to me anyway.

Wow, I'm really amped about this, Fras!

Also excited that you'll just HAVE to do a little road trip to visit me and Misombra. Don't show up without Amy. I want to meet this awesome girl.
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey guys! I've been meaning to check in earlier, but I've been busy. I got in on Tuesday, dropped my dad off in Dallas so he could take a plane back ASAP and drove the rest of the 3 hours by myself. That was pretty intense. I kinda got emotional after dropping my dad off, like all of a sudden I was alone in the world. But I liked having those few final hours to myself, to just...I dunno, think. After I got North of Dallas I cruised at 70 mph. There's not much along those roads. Few houses speckled here and there, but a lot of plains. I also discovered my cruise control does work in the final 2 hours. Better later than never, right? That made the trip alot more enjoyable. My ass and thigh were constantly fallin' asleep.

20 minutes after I arrived, I ended up becoming the videotaper for my brother and his friend as they tried lifting a 300 pound concrete rock after slather themselves in some kind of concentrated pine sap. After one "half success" and multiple failed attempts I had to look up a home remedy to get that pine tack off them. Which resulted in them rubbing chunky peanut butter on their arms and chest.

It actually worked.

Anyway, so my new family is my brother Jim, his wife Natasha and their foster childer (maybe soon to be adopted child), Victor. He's a half white half black 3 year old. Not bad to for a kid, I'm usually not too keen on the runts.

I got my own room, and Amy visited this past weekend! Not only that, but the day she arrived is the same day she put a deposit down on an apartment, so in two weeks I'm gonna help her move in.

So, now I'm lookin' for jobs while getting used to the area. Lawton really ain't so bad, they got plenty of restaurants, stores, a mall and the standard infrastructure you'd find in a suburban neighborhood.

I might not be on as much as I used to be, at least until I get a job, but I'll still get on fairly regularly. Thanks for all the support guys! I'll be sure to keep you all updated.

Next big thing? November 25th is comin' up. That'll be 1 year since me and Ames started dating. I'm workin' on how Imma tell her those infamous 3 words, but I'll eventually start that in a separate thread.

Wahoo way to go Fras!!! That was probably the biggest step you've made! Good for you sweetie! Youre THERE HONEY!!!!! A whole new life a brand new start, what a refreshing thing for you! Were all here for you! How exciting this is for you! Goodluck on the job hunt and gawd please let us know what happens with Amy! That moment will be unforgettable for you!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Is that what people in Oklanhoma do for fun? Cover themselves in tree sap? Wow, culture shock! Do you plan to engage in this activity, too?

I was going to skip through your post because it's kinda long and it's late here.. but then I saw something about rubbing on peanut butter so I decided it read it properly from the top XD

man, i'm so jealous of you! I wish you the best. Keep us posted please (:

Maybe you and Amy can rub peanut butter on one another for your anniversary. Romantic!

I hope you get a job soon.
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Had an interview today at a Quick Lube. They'd provide training, and I know I could learn fast, I told them this, and they were ready to hire me on the spot. Except they said everybody must work Fridays and Saturdays. That's not gonna work out for Ames and I, so I had to pass it up. Too bad.

I got a list of businesses to call and visit tomorrow though. I just need something that'll last me about a year. My plan is that by then me and Ames will know one way or another what direction our relationship will be heading.

Workin' on it, workin' on it, workin' on it.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Workin' on it, workin' on it, workin' on it.
    Don't work too hard, you'll stress yourself out

Oh and Frasbee, Philadelphia was voted the least attractive city in the US. I wanted to tell you that

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Don't work too hard, you'll stress yourself out

Oh and Frasbee, Philadelphia was voted the least attractive city in the US. I wanted to tell you that
    Philadelphia tastes a lot better than it looks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast