Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Moving to Oklahoma-

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

I'm Moving to Oklahoma-

-on Monday.

For a girl.

The idea sounds crazy, and I'm trying to persuade myself that I'm crazy, because a year ago, I wouldn't even consider it. But now? Now it's just seems like the logical thing to do.

Fancy that. LOGICAL.

For everybody that has never experienced love. I suggest you do your best to avoid it. Look what it's done to me of all people.

Christ.

Oklahoma.

Well, good luck

how long have you know her?

hahahah and u called me a priss.seriously its not worth it,how long have u known her?are u already in a relationship or just chasing her.but man Im english and still I have heard that nothing human lives i oklahoma,have u been taking LSD or mushrooms?
    "Nobody , so long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life , is without trouble. Carl jung

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If anybody needs to ask how long I've known her, then neither need to comment here. This is directed to specific people.

Specifically to Gartlas: Even my girlfriend doesn't bitch about the toilet seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    -on Monday.

For a girl.

The idea sounds crazy, and I'm trying to persuade myself that I'm crazy, because a year ago, I wouldn't even consider it. But now? Now it's just seems like the logical thing to do.

Fancy that. LOGICAL.

For everybody that has never experienced love. I suggest you do your best to avoid it. Look what it's done to me of all people.

Christ.

Oklahoma.
    That's not crazy at all.. I once met a girl in Greece, (I live in New York), and I wanted to throw my life away just to stay there with her. For the two months that I was there, we would do nothing but stay at the beach all day/night, go to clubs, out to eat, hiking, sex, etc. It was like heaven, but when those two months were up, I had to go back.

Now, i'm not saying it was for the better. For a long time, I felt regret, I felt incomplete, not that anything was missing from (me), but that someone was missing from my life, my partner; the perfect partner. Now, i'm in a new relationship, so it's hard to reflect back to the exact emotions.

But, if you find a person who moves you to such a grande scale, go for it. Why? Because as crazy as it may seem to you, the two of you will actually be happy. Why? Because it's more important for a woman to find someone who loves her, than to find someone she loves. And it's more important for a man to find someone her loves, than someone who loves him. (not that the other sides to that are not important).

But as a man, you NEED to have the fuel, the fire, the lust, the motivation in the relationship, basically the drive to love your partner. So in order for a relationship to last, it's important that YOU love your partner. Similarly, for the woman, the need to feel cared for and loved stands up to any other issue or demand in the relationship. Now, what's interesting is that when the man loves his partner, and the woman feels loved and cared for, then she in return loves and cares for her partner with the same passion and energy, and thus the male is also loved and cared for. (but this last part is but a raindrop in the ocean of the relationship dynamic).

Moral of the story, you NEED to find someone you love and want to care for, someone who brings those urges out from within you. And if you've found that person, then by all means, chase after them, it's not a dumb idea at all, for as long as the feeling is mutual and not unilatteral!

If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

O ok, specific people on a public forum. 'Tis cool.

Anyway, I know nothing about Oklohoma except that a building got bombed.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by miSSleepy View Post
    O ok, specific people on a public forum. 'Tis cool.

Anyway, I know nothing about Oklohoma except that a building got bombed.
    Nothing against you 'Sleepy, but the back story of this relationship ventures back about a year. I could provide you with several links if you really care to know.

Scorp: Yeah, I've been trying to convince myself that I'm crazy, as well as convince others I'm crazy for doing this. But as soon as somebody agrees that I'm crazy, I have to argue with them, because really, I don't think I am crazy. I'm far too cautious to do something I'd sincerely deem "crazy". The relationship has simply reached a point where it's the next logical step.

I didn't take it as anything against me Frasbee.

Just go for it. You seem to have your head `screwed on so I'm sure you'll survive. And besides, I believe in living, even if it includes some seemingly-crazy decisions.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Good luck with the move Frasbee!!

But I've got to ask, do you have a job lined up down there already?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    But I've got to ask, do you have a job lined up down there already?
    No. This is the thing I'm most worried about. I'll be staying with my brother and his wife. They got an extra room. My brother wants me to be jobless for at least the first month because we've been planning on me helping him finish flipping a house he's been working on.

I'll start searching as soon as I get there. I'm hoping I can put my maintenance diploma to use, but I'm not gonna be too picky. My girlfriend lives down in Texas, about a 2 hour drive. Much better than a 3-5 hour commute by plane.

I'm driving out there, so I'll have my car.

Other thing is, the overall cost of living is much less than it is up here in Philly. So while the job market may not be booming, and I may not get paid as much...it all kinda evens out in the end.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Fras, you only get one kick at the can. You love each other & are good together; its the right decision. Besides, Oklahoma is only a place. Sorry if this sounds cheesy, but *home* is where the ppl you love are. And you *don't* have to stay there forever.

I moved down to Boston from Canada to be w/my husband after being separated from him for almost a year. We lived there 8 years & then moved someplace else. It was a great decision. Oh, and this means next move will be your choice/turn.

Good luck and enjoy!

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Fras, you only get one kick at the can.
    Come on and kick the can, MAN!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Aww, Fras... I hope you will still post when you get down there! I am so pleased for you both.

I think you are making the right decision.

*hugs*
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Goodluck! Its always exciting though venturing into new things!!!!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

I envy you, fras. It must feel a bit surreal to pack everything in your car and just drive there. But I bet it'll feel normal to be there in no time.

..I hope you have internet there.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast