+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: airsoft in dorms

anachronistic Guest

airsoft in dorms

as you probably assume, it's against most schools' (mine) policies to carry firearms (including air guns)

we were having little airsoft wars on my floor tonight, and i went back to my room to reload and sstuff, and i didn't check, but i bumped into a hall monitor on my way out the door, and they wrote me up and confiscated my air pistol and ammunition.

it's just one of those plastic guns that shoots little plastic bbs, although it can only be dangerous, i wasn't really threatening or anything. they didn't call the cops to arrest me and i didn't rebel.

now i have to talk to the hall director, and i am worried. not sure what to say, afraid i might get expelled or suspended. what do you guys think?

all i can say is this: "hope for the best, expect the worst"

and when i read "airsoft in dorms" i was like "****in sweet!"

wait i'm confused. What's the policy you're against?

best you can do, imo, is be honest, and be super apologetic and humbled- they like that.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow. Sorry, Lil, but that was very dumb of you. Some colleges would treat you no different than if you had brought an actual firearm to school.

Don't ever, ever do that again. And inside your dorm to boot? What if, while you were in the midst of a ferocious firefight, a student stepped out to take a leak and took a BB to the eye instead? What then?

Bad idea. That's something high school kids do, not college students.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Considering the shootings that have been going on on college campuses in the last year, it is no doubt being viewed as insentitive that you would be making a game out of shooting people. You need to apologize and tell them you used poor judgement. Get rid of any similar games you may have. You are a grown up now, and this means you are expected to be sensitive to the needs of other people, and lots of people are freaked out about guns. Most of us don't grow up on farmland shooting cows, and not everyone is able to distinguish between real guns and toy guns.

I don't know if you will be expelled... is there a policy that specifically addresses toy guns?

EDIT: Wait, you mean this was an actual *BB gun*? Yikes! I think you may be in trouble. That is dangerous.
    Last edited by vashti; 14-10-07 at 11:12 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Airsoft guns fire little plastic BBs which hurt like a bitch, but don't generally puncture the skin. Many of them are so incredibly realistic as to be indistinguishable from their real-world counterparts. Which is why you NEVER brandish one in public, much less engage in a fight.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are you going to be able to transfer to another school if need be, lilwing?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The fact that you are talking to the hall director and not some bigshot administrator type of person should be a bit of a relief.

But like what everyone else said, apologize, let them know it was a lapse in judgement, and tell them you won't ever do it again (and don't).

I think the main reason you are going to be talking to the hall director is because it could have hit someone in the eye and blinded them, not because people may have confused you with a school shooter or anything along those lines. But they will bring that up too, for sure.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha it's funny that i checked the forums today because i'm going to go and play airsoft in a couple of hours.

it's not against the law to do as you please on your own paid for environment, but airsoft guns can be mistaken for real guns, and your hall monitor was probably thinking that it's dangerous because i'm assuming that you were playing without a face mask.

all i can tell you is just say that you're sorry and that it will never happen again... then the next chance that you have, shoot your hall monitor and run like hell.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

anachronistic Guest
    yea, i talked to one of my friends today who got caught with an air pistol that shoots metal bbs.. you know, the co2 powered kind? he got stopped in the parkinglot by the police and now he has to go to student court for it.

i feel a lot better about my situation now...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Wow. Sorry, Lil, but that was very dumb of you. Some colleges would treat you no different than if you had brought an actual firearm to school.
    +1

An RCMP officer I know was just telling me its an automatic 5-years if you even *pretend* to threaten someone with a *pretend* gun (i.e. your finger in your pocket).

It was a dumb thing to do. Consider yourself lucky.

Don't they have a proper shooting range on the campus? I used to go fire .22 rifles when I was a student. Look into that. Or find a paintball range.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    +1

An RCMP officer I know was just telling me its an automatic 5-years if you even *pretend* to threaten someone with a *pretend* gun (i.e. your finger in your pocket).

It was a dumb thing to do. Consider yourself lucky.

Don't they have a proper shooting range on the campus? I used to go fire .22 rifles when I was a student. Look into that. Or find a paintball range.
    no guns on campus, period.

not even airsoft. you can't even have them in your car.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well i guess after all the campus killings, they are taking this shit pretty serious.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    no guns on campus, period.

not even airsoft. you can't even have them in your car.
    Ugh. Sometimes I see you as the little brother I want to smack up the back of the head. What the hell were you thinking?

Do you have any other verboten items in your dorm? Get rid of them NOW. A second offense will not be dealt with kindly.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Ugh. Sometimes I see you as the little brother I want to smack up the back of the head. What the hell were you thinking?

Do you have any other verboten items in your dorm? Get rid of them NOW. A second offense will not be dealt with kindly.
    alcohol, we got rid of it the other night htough.

i wish i had a bigger sibling to smack me!!!

i haven't received notification to talk to the hall director.. maybe i will only have to go if i want to get it back?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast