+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this a good idea?

Is this a good idea?

So heres the situation in a nutshell, some of you may have actually read some of the first posts months ago, but for those who haven't: About 6 months ago there was this guy who I saw working at a store near my house, our eyes meet and bam!! I was struck, so to speak, and I think he was too, every time I went in there, we'd exchange glances, he'd try and start a conversation with me, we'd be obviously nervous around each other. Fast forward a month or 2, we run into each other at a restaurant, and I wish you could have seen his face!! He was sooo nervous, we kept shooting little grins at each other so I thought that I'd write him a letter saying that I didn't know whether or not he had a girl but if he was single I'd love to talk him outside of his job one day, you know, basically get to know him. The thing is, I had the letter delivered to his job by my mom and sister, I know, probably a HUGE mistake!! Well, I came across his myspace that same week and found out he had a girl already, I was kind of bummed and didn't get why he had been flirting with me!! Anyway, fast forward to now, well actually about 3 weeks ago, I strolled on to his myspace page for the first time in months, and all the pics that he used to have of he and his girl are gone, so I'm assuming his totally single!! Anyway, my question is, well, I think that I'm ready to go back into the store again! I haven't stepped foot in there since that whole letter incident 6 months ago b/c I've been to scared to look him in the eye, but I was thinking, If I went back into the store, very nonchalant, wouldn't that make me seem confident (to him) and not phased anymore by a mistake I made? Wouldn't it also possibly open up a future opportunity to start us talking again, this time on the 'right foot?' What do you think? And any pointers for doing this correctly? Thanks all!!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What have you got to lose? I say go for it.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

From reading your post I think you have a connection that might be a bit hard to grasp for both of you, because of the circumstances, but I think on a deeper level you are both aware of this connection and the strong moments. You might both handle that fact a bit differently, which in turn might perhaps make it even more difficult to understand. How the context affects your connection is hard to tell, but I think you should accept and respect the connection you feel, give it some time and just let love start growing stronger in you for this guy. When that happens the connection will slowly turn into something strong and true. Don't avoid places where he is, presence is like water. Keep an open heart.