+ Follow This Topic

Thread: African Love Affair

African Love Affair

Good Morning Everyone,

This is my first time using a forum so i'm just going to start... My boyfriend that I have been dating is from Liberia. On the other hand i'm from California. In appreance we might look the same but we are from two differnt cultures. He has a one year old son that I have embraced into my life (this includes his ex, and her family). It's funny because I trust her judgement as well as his so I'm not worried about any unspooken feelings coming to the surface, but when it comes to the little things like eating her food I guess I feel threatened. I can't seem to get my head off this topic because he loves to eat, esspecially food from his country!!!

It makes me feel like I will never measure up to what he wants because of our cultural gap. Not only do they have a child, they have a past and sometimes I feel like I'm the other woman in their relationship.

somebody help me get this monkey off my back...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why don't you ask her to teach you how to cook some of the foods her son (and ex husband) love?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

The funny is that she offered to teach me and then invited me to her house to learn how to cook their style of food... that was a great experience but in all reality it just deepened my fears of why he is sprung off her cooking... it's excellent! ! !

maybe i'm looking to deep into the situation, but i had to get it off my chest cause I don't know what to do. But thank you for your advice... every little bit helps!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Make her your friend and ally... You will find it makes life easier. Ask her to give you another lesson; this time, have her watch while YOU prepare the food, and she can tell you what to do.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

That's an awesome idea... I think that is what i will do... Last night I even found the words that i was looking for to tell my boyfriend how i've been feeling. I didn't bring up everything because that would just bombard him, but pretty much things are looking up. I'm am so thankful for your advice, it's saved my relationship!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Aww, good! I wish you could thank me by cooking my dinner.

i'm mixed race and i think that everyone should calm down thinking about what you are so much as who you are. he likes that food so what. he's with you and that's what matters.

let him use to eat your food ...