+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Arm kissing

Arm kissing

A kiss on the hand is a quaint old fashioned custom but continue the kisses up the arm and it becomes a joke, though not unpleasurable. Has anyone ever been on the giving or receiving end of this, and do they have any funny stories to tell?

Here's mine - I was on holiday with my then wife and her mother, and they were both on the beach in bikinis. I took my wife's hand and kissed it, then continued the kisses up her arm until I reached her shoulder. Her mum said "I bet you wouldn't do that to me" and I can't resist a dare so I did lol

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Eww.

Not up the arm, no, but I've had random people kiss my hand. Once on the harbour while I was with friends by some passer-by who decided to stop for a chat. Another time by a friend of a friend (ran into them at the races) and once by my friend's father's friend...quite odd. Never by my bf though.

It's so old fashioned, but actually really flattering. I'm not one to need to be treated like a lady, but there's a certain dignity in having your hand kissed, even by strangers...especially by strangers.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Er, Gomez Munster anyone?

For the gals, if you're into having your hand kissed, its quite easy to trigger. Just give the gentleman your fingers w/the palm facing down. Tho its more common in my generation, I think a lot of young males are still programmed to do this. This is for social/casual settings only, BTW. In a business setting, make sure you shake hands by shoving your hand all the way into the other persons. The inner flesh of the palm & thumb should meet theirs. Else you run the risk of having your tender fingers crushed.

My reaction to someone kissing up my arm would be somewhat like this:

"-__-;;; What the hell was that?"

Hand might be <3, though, but it's never happened to me.