+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 2 years, but I don't know if I want this relationship anymore. This is long...

2 years, but I don't know if I want this relationship anymore. This is long...

I met my boyfriend in November of 2005. We started going out on January 1st of 2006. Our 2 year is only a few months away. When we first started going out we saw each other everyday because the following fall I was going to start college at Western Kentucky University and we wanted to spend as much time with each other that we possibly could. I went to WKU for a semester and then moved back home and attend UofL now to be close to him. It was hard adjusting to being so close to each other again and I feel like we never really got used to it. I feel like our relationship is unhealthy because we both feel like we have to see each other everyday and if we don't we miss each other. We used to talk on the phone for hours, but now we just say what we need to say and then get off the phone. He does not want me hanging out with one of my closest guy friends, my (girl) cousin, or talk to any of his friends on the phone. He has a bad temper and whenever I make him mad he always leaves which really pisses me off because I'd rather him stay and talk through the issue with me. I almost feel like I'm not ready to be in a serious relationship, but I love being with him. And it doesn't make any sense at all, but I think about breaking up with him about 5 times a day. I feel like this is mostly because he doesn't get along with my family or my friends. So basically my life has been reduced to going to my classes, coming back to my dorm, and waiting for him to get off work so that we can hang out. I don't usually hang out with anyone else. I need to know what other people think besides my friends because they all want me to break up with him. It's just that the good times are so good and the bad times are so un-frequent now that I feel we can just work through it and make it.

Help?

Breaking up or not is a decision you have to make yourself, but it sounds like he's isolating you from everyone you're supposed to be close with. To be honest, I'm not sure that's the most healthy thing.. You're not supposed to just belong to him. He might not see it that way, but it seems to be how he's holding on to the situation. He doesn't get along with your family or friends, and certain people cause conflict more than others... You're his. But you're supposed to belong to you. Don't know if that makes any sense...

It is your decision to end it or not. Personally I feel this is a VERY unhealthy relationship. Youre in college and are suppose to be having fun. Youve already moved to be closer to him. If youre already thinking about ending it and thinking about it all day, theres more than just your heart telling you to do so.

Thats not a relationship I would want to be in, Ive been there, tossing and turning in those thoughts, but if youre feeling it you may want to do something about it. Why continue in a relationship thats not balanced.
    Most people keep going back to the good times they share and ignore those bad things. But you have to look out for yourself.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Jeeze. Even I want to break up with him, and I've never even met the guy.

Give me his phone number. I'll do it for you.
    Spammer Spanker

listen to friends and family

I don't hear anything about his good qualities. All I am hearing is his bad qualities. So why are you with this guy? Didn't you say he has a temper and won't let you hang out with ANYbody?

If you are already thinking about breaking up with him, follow your instincts because the red caution flags are flying. It isn't like you just had an impulsive fleeting though of unhappiness, you are constantly thinking about it. Things are not going to change.

Listen to friends and family. They see the whole pic without hormones or irrational emotions getting in the way.

I am with Reeba opinion almost, we didnt heared about his good qualities , he used to controlled you as much as he cant .. before breaking up with him, try to understanding why he changed? such you used to talk on phone together for hours and now for what you need to say !!! i am sure you will take the correct position with him ..