+ Follow This Topic

Thread: the ongoing saga HELP pt. 1

the ongoing saga HELP pt. 1

Hey guys,
    so this is going to be an ongoing story and need for advice.
    I had a date w/ this guy from school last week well i don't know if it was a date. he called me and asked me to go out to dinner with him so i gathered it was.
    we went downtown to dinner and i paid because i wouldn't let him and he bought me dessert and i went back to his place and watched tv. then he walked me to a bus stop and waited w/ me offered me 40 bucks for a cab but i declined.
    The thing that got me was the CONVERSATION... i don't know what to think of it. this guy was speaking my language in every way. he is cynical, smart, reads a lot, talkative, he was just very easy to talk to, but i'm not sure what the intentions were.
    he told me it was a long time since he had hung out w/ a girl or had a friend that was a girl... does that mean he just wants to be friends?
    but he used a lot of sexual references. they were very subtle but ongoing all through the night. he also gave me the details of some of his previous relationships? and told me he likes to get to know a person before having sex with them because he likes there to be some meaning there. followed by telling me that there's still a lot of things you can do to have fun in the meanwhile.
    long story short we were watching this show on dvd and he since i was enjoying it he said he wouldn't watch further until he saw me next so to call him this week.
    i did today and he asked me over to his place said he'd make me dinner later this week and we could watch it.
    is he interested or does he just want a friend. also i didn't respond too strongly to his sexual innuendos cos i didn't want to look too interested in that.
    is he interested or what... please help!

He is trying so hard to date you- why won't you let him? What's the deal?
    Spammer Spanker

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Of course he likes you. Duh. He sounds smart, generous, nice and *maybe* he's trying a little bit too hard, but I wouldn't hold that against him, lol.

I'd be a little weirded out that the subject of sex came up on the first date, but I'm a bit old-fashioned. Anyway, it sounds like he was trying to reassure you he's not just trying to get into your pants. I doubt that was a 'reverse pysch' but keep it in mind in case.

Relax & have fun. That way, he can too.

I would let, him but just by saying the friends thing that put me off at first. We talk on the phone maybe 2 times a week I mean it's too early for anything serious to happen which I'm cool with, I just wanted some direction as to where this is going.
    usually these things go so easy for me. so i'm just trying to proceed with caution.

anymore advice anyone?

Let him pay for you. Why don't you girls let us pay for you anymore? When did this happen? It puts us in a bad position because we never know when you want us to push the issue and *insist* to pay or whether you genuinely don't want anything from us thus leaving us wondering why you agreed to the date in the first place.

I think I think too much.
    There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

i genuinely did not what him to pay. i don't see that the guy should have to. i just didn't want to make it look like i'm some mooch who needs taking care of in that sense and is interested in getting things.

Well you should let him pay, it's insulfing not to. Also makes a guy feel.. unappriciable

next time i will.
    what about making the girl feel awkward though. anyways, he can pay next time. i promised him. i'm more worried about the overall content of the situation :S

Girls shouldn't feel awkward about it, guys wan't to pay!
    Overall content he is interested in you more as a friend from your discription.
    No discussion there
    Talk to him! If you're too insecure, give him a few clues that you are interested. Call him a couple times during the day, not too much ofcourse. You get my point

id advice any girl never to pay on the first date cause of the man's natural ego, it gives you that first feeling of taking care of someone

eventually u should pay from time to time exactly for the reason u said men know the type that emptys the wallet

also by the large info i seem to conclude that he has been betrayed alot is afraid to have a steady relationship(not 100% sure)

but the guy you describe sounds has alot of features like someone i know.

But the big question here is did he ask u to his house, or did you invoke this....if not then im even more sure

what i would do if she was a girl that is is build something nice respect his wish to take it slow then make youre move when u feel entangled

also if hes talking to you about former relationships you shouldnt be afraid or ashamed to ask what his entensions are

good luck eXeSSum
    A dying man once said, i do not know if life or death will be better... for love was more than them together.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    lol @ "is he interested".