+ Follow This Topic

Thread: You Got Mail...

You Got Mail...

Just like the movie with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan, I met this girl on the internet. I mean she's cute and everything (from the pic), and even a bit on the wild side. For a whole month, we were on the phone for hours every night. We just became the best of friends. There wasn't anything that we wouldn't talk about, and we'd have the best laugh. There were mornings when she would give me morning calls, and the vise versa. Even when we were both off to business trips, our nightly calls continued. It was all good until a few days ago when she started to want to hang up the phone after a 10 minutes conversation with her. one night, she called and asked what I had for dinner, before any sounds came out of my mouth, she told me she had to call me back and hung up. about 2 hours later, I called her and she told me she was on the phone. That night, she didn't call back. The next night, I was still a bit frustrated from the night before... she didn't call until around 1am. This time, I didn't pick up the phone. I didn't want to give her the impression that she have a total control of this "phone relationship." Besides, she'd probbaly just talk to me for 5 sec and hang up again like she did 2 nights ago. The next day, she called me around lunch time... I told her that I had already gone to bed, she was a little piss off and hung me up. When I called her back, she wouldn't answer me. I sms her to apologize for missing her calls last night. Not sure why I am apologizing, just wanted her to not get piss at me. around 6pm, she called and we talk for a bit and she'd said she'll call me back tonight. around 9pm, she called and asked if I called her with a private number. I told her no, and she said it must have been someone else and hung me up. she never call back again, and she doesn't answer my calls... any clues?

I have a clue, alright: she's acting like an asshole. it doesn't matter why. Stop tolerating this rude behavior, and NEVER apologize to her again.
    Spammer Spanker

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She's probably stringing more than one guy along. The other call was from another guy. Just a guess.

She sounds pretty high maintenance & into herself, BTW. Calling you at 1 am?? And mad you went to bed already? Geeze, I say cut & run & count your blessings.

EDIT - Giga beat me to it.

You amused her for a while, and gave her something to look forward to in your conversations. But the thing about internet friendships or relationships is that you're not there to see what's going on in the other person's life; I think she's found someone else to talk to. Either way, there's something she isn't communicating with you here, and it seems like she's just a source of frustration. Like the others, I suggest letting go.