+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Avatar

I'll inspire your scrawney ass....now get under that squat bar, and ass to the grass, BITCH.........
    Buddy, I went to a military school and did more pushups in those two years than most people will do in their LIVES. Under the a ratio of 3 people yelling and screaming, calling us worthless, making us do stupid and degrading stuff to every one of us freshmen. And the next year with me being a yeller/screamer.

So you can yell all you want and nothing will phase me unless I WANT it to phase me.

Alexi

PS - It wasn't the yelling or screaming that inspired me, just that they were always training, always trying to become better. I remember one episode where Goku set the gravity in his escape pod to fifty times that of normal gravity and did pushups and upside down situps until he couldn't move anymore. Now THAT'S intensity (albeit completely impossible and fictional, but intensity nonetheless).

Alexi

Thats the shit Alexi! You do have it going for you Chuck!

I give total respect for you for going through miiltary school. OMG

Anyone who can go survive that can survive ANYTHING!!!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i thought you signed all your posts with alexi.. there again, i was wrong. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Mine was originally the "hello kitty" icon, but I changed it because I got bored of it really easily. lol

So I chose the little china/japan type girl because when you think about it, she looks innocent and sweet on the outside, but is obviously hiding something.

I hide many things and I can easily kick anyones ass. lmao!

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

what about main nothing!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    lifter and alexi... it depend what you're actually going for. brute strength or endurance.. whose either more cut or buffer. raverboy

Yeah. Iron and I probably both have done enough research to know the difference between the different types of workouts and also the different results they have. I'm more of a "fun" workout person. I workout doing something that's fun. So right now I'm on this "kick" where I want to see what I can do using only calisthetics. Just to see what I can do ONLY with calisthetics.

'Chuck' Brown

chuck.. I like it .. its fitting...

as for "swords, members..." etc... who needs men when you have a jeep.. it has a stick shift ..
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

AMEN SISTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gotta love our jeeps girl!

I don't really go for brute strength or endurance, specifically. I'm more concerned with hypertrophy, and I do enough cardio so that endurance is a byproduct.

Calestenics would bore the hell out of me, and not enable me to see anywhere near the results I want/achieved.

My workouts are always fun and I look forward to each and every on of them. What's not fun about deadlifting 375 pounds for reps?
    Because a hard man is good to find.

Calestenics would bore the hell out of me, and not enable me to see anywhere near the results I want/achieved.
    Iron, just what results will I see on this all calisthetics regimen? I know I won't be getting much bigger. I was expecting more muscle stamina (obviously the more pushups you do, the more you are ABLE to do) and less fat. Am I on the right track?

Alexi

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Originally posted by ASY
    what about main nothing!

uuuhhhh mines is blank. raverboy

The problem with calestenics is the lack of progressive overload. You eventually reach a point (not very long, either) where bodyweight only exercises don't provide enough resistance to see any sort of improvement.

True, you can increase your rep range, but when you go much beyond the 15-20 rep range, your working the muscle tissue more aerobically than anerobically. Although it certainly has its benefits, Aerobic exersise yields little improvement in actual muscle size or strength.

For real life examples, look at a sprinters legs (short 'sets', long rests) to a marathon runners legs (endurance training, longer 'sets'). You will NEVER see a marathon runner with large legs, as they are training aerobically, and the mucle simply will not grow when stimulated in this fashion (in fact, it typically shrinks as the type I muscle tissue attrophoies from lack of stimulation and a high level of cortizol)

But, to answer your question, yes, you will see an increase in stamina, a general 'hardening' of the muscle, to a point, and little if any increase in muscle size. As far as fat loss, that is more a factor of actual calories burned compared to caloric intake.
    Because a hard man is good to find.

Originally posted by Ironliftr3
    The problem with calestenics is the lack of progressive overload. You eventually reach a point (not very long, either) where bodyweight only exercises don't provide enough resistance to see any sort of improvement.

True, you can increase your rep range, but when you go much beyond the 15-20 rep range, your working the muscle tissue more aerobically than anerobically. Although it certainly has its benefits, Aerobic exersise yields little improvement in actual muscle size or strength.

For real life examples, look at a sprinters legs (short 'sets', long rests) to a marathon runners legs (endurance training, longer 'sets'). You will NEVER see a marathon runner with large legs, as they are training aerobically, and the mucle simply will not grow when stimulated in this fashion (in fact, it typically shrinks as the type I muscle tissue attrophoies from lack of stimulation and a high level of cortizol)

But, to answer your question, yes, you will see an increase in stamina, a general 'hardening' of the muscle, to a point, and little if any increase in muscle size. As far as fat loss, that is more a factor of actual calories burned compared to caloric intake.
    RHAR RHAR, ME AM MAN, LIFT THINGS GRR
    Heit ist mein taug.

hes so gonna lift my ass!!!

Bring it on Iron! That man knows his shit! Take his advice!
    I'm taking it-

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast