+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dynamic Tension vs Weight Lifting

Dynamic Tension vs Weight Lifting

Does nayone knows if theres an advantage in doing Dynamic Tension (DT) exercises over traditional weight lifting?

I sorta wonder if that classical Charles Atlas DT muscle building stuff actually works or not?

One of my cousin was in the military many years ago and he came back with huge arms. I'm wondering what type of muscle building they are doing. It seems to work very well for them.
    Last edited by Henry123; 27-10-07 at 10:45 AM.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

not sure what you mean by "dynamic tension". is that similar to how the bowflex works? if so, i think it's bullshit. in my opinion, good old lifting weights work.
    [url]www.myspace.com/michael_does_not_like_you[/url]

I think bowflex is slightly different.

From what little I understand about dynamic tension is that you are using your own muscles to exercise itself.

(btw I'm I allow to post links up???? Maybe its easier to explain that way.)
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry123 View Post
    I think bowflex is slightly different.

From what little I understand about dynamic tension is that you are using your own muscles to exercise itself.

(btw I'm I allow to post links up???? Maybe its easier to explain that way.)
    im not too sure myself about posting links. i myself have a bowflex and i didnt find it very productive. then again, it probably didnt motivate me that much. i found that going into a gym where everyone is in a "work out hard" mood very motivating. im probably not too sure what you mean about "dynamic tension"

ahhh i see what you're saying now. i dont think they do either lol. i could see where you're thinking...i think...but things like they do push-ups, countless numbers of sit-ups and their grueling boot camp exercises dont necessarily count as "dynamic tension" because they're not doing muscle against muscle.

i think when it comes down to it, it's just simply a lot of aerobic exercise, running, and things like push-ups/pull-ups and whatnot that causes them to get their form. i'm thinking your cousin did extra physical things on the side to get big arms, like pull-ups maybe.

but why dont you ask him?

Yeah I should ask my cousin but I dont often talk to him much because he lives so far away from me. He lives like California.

Thanks for the tips Michael. I think I will stick to the traditional methods of weight lifting and go with sit ups etc.

oops double post