+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little update of my own

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

A little update of my own

Some of you may or may not remember that I've been planning to head over to Europe soon to travel and work for an indeterminate period (probably about a year).

Well it's getting close. I've booked my ticket to London (I have friends there) for 30 November and, best of all, I'm no longer working!

I finished up at my job last Friday. That means I've got five weeks at home to be a bum and have a bit of an Australian summer. All my friends are working, and my girl's studying for exams but I couldn't care less. I've been surfing twice already today, and I'm going again this arvo. I've gone for a run along the beach and I've been spent a good hour lounging on the beach, reading the newspaper and drinking coffee. I'm in f-cking heaven. I'm an expert at doing nothing.

My girl and I are not staying together, which is both of ours' decision. We are however staying in touch with the strong possibility that we'll start up again where we left off when I get back. Leaving her is the hardest thing about this trip, but to be honest I'm not thinking about that much at this stage. It probably won't hit me until I'm in the departure lounge.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh, sure... you'll keep in touch with HER, but what about US?

Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha, I'm fairly addicted to the forum so I'm sure I'll stick my head in every so often.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You gonna fúck some European bitcheeees?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know, Frasbee. I suppose it's possible, but at the moment it's a bit hard to envisage. It's a very strange way to interupt a relationship.

wow, you two will be apart for a while. is there any sadness or anything?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah of course, it'll be gut-wrenching for both of us. She's taking me to the airport and I get a pain in my chest just picturing that. But most of the time I don't let myself think about it. What's the point?

I don't know about in America, but this year in another country kind of trip is a fairly common, coming of age kind of thing. If we stay together, it's a fair bet Kristen'll do the same thing back to me some where down the line.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well best of luck to you. This should prove to be a great experience for you, no matter what the outcome with you and your girl.

But seriously, congrats on being mature enough not to let a relationship get in the way of your endeavours. So many people throw away great opportunites over relationships, and end up regretting it. Whats meant to be will be, right?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    I don't know about in America, but this year in another country kind of trip is a fairly common, coming of age kind of thing.
    College out of town/state is the common, coming of age thing.

I have the utmost admiration for the both of you for being so clear and straightforward about splitting up while you're gone with the distinct possibility of getting back together. This is completely sane. I hope you both stick to this, as the departure date draws near.

I think you're a wonderful couple, and stuff like this is a big part of it.
    Spammer Spanker

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Have fun with your time off from work! That's great that you can spend a few weeks doing the things you like to do

Do you ski? I don't know if there are any places to ski in Australia, you guys don't have any significant mountain ranges if I know your geography well enough... Because if you did you would definitely want to check out Switzerland. I went there once, before I was really into skiing and now wish I hit the slopes.

Seriously though, you're gonna have a blast, I just know it. If I were you I would go to Amsterdam, never been there but want to really bad.

Just have fun with your time off and travels!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Y'know, I always saw Charlieboy as a narcissistic, womanizing, son-of-an-aussie-bitch.

But I guess I was wrong.

About one of them, I'm sure.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think of charlieboy as being kind of like you, Frasbee... tough on the outside, but ultimately a good guy. (Sorry, charlieboy.)

I bet his girl waits for him.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Goodluck to you Charlie! Im not familiar with your relationship cause I was MIA for awhile while you joined. But just in the last month in being on here and reading this post says so much about your character!

Its very refreshing to see 2 people admit to what should be done instead of fear dictating the future. College will certainly have an impact on you in so many positive ways! Its a right of passage. And youre on your way to a great future! Thumbs up to your woman for being the supportive girlfriend and understanding the true dynamics of whats ahead. It takes strong individuals to come to terms and do whats best in situations like these.

Try not to think too much about the aiport moment, you have to look at it like its a step closer for your future! Smile when you leave...

goodluck!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

CB, if it's not too nosy, what are planning to do for work over there?
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast