+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Newbie

hi everyone im Jacob aka Jake im new

Hello Jake. Nice doggy.
    Spammer Spanker

Can't believe I am doing this!

Hello, everyone! I am Dave, My story is a little unusual! I am a 48 year old man who has never kissed, held hands with or dated a woman. I am not gay. I am extremely shy.
    In June, I got my first computer and discovered discussion boards. I was not searching for love, but, I have found it. I have lost my heart to a woman! Alas, she is married with two grown (out of the house) kids and is 7 years my junior. I feel she is my soulmate. She feels the same way. We have no intention of ever acting on our feelings unless or until she is no longer married. She is perfectly happy with her marriage and I am content to remain platonic. I may find a new love and, in that case, we have agreed to keep our bond and remain friends. I never want her out of my life. My friends and a couple of family members think I have lost my marbles. I haven't---just my heart. I want to shout (that I love her) from rooftops, but, I have found it unwise to do so. Neither of us want to hasten the end of her marriage. I think I just needed a place to get this off of my chest. I have three online friends who know the nature of my relationship and they are supportive of me.
    After decades of no female attention, online, I am finding that women flock to me! I have no idea why! Anyway, I am a bit dazed by it all.
    Am I on a path to get my heart crushed as some of my friends fear?
    I guess that is why I am here now. Thanks for listening! Virgin Dave

Dave: Eh, you won't get crushed until something changes. Still, I doubt anything will come of it, since she's married..... Welcome, though. ^^ There are a lot of useful threads here; hopefully some of them will be of interest to you. =)