+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saudi Marriage 'Expert' Advises Men in 'Right Way' to Beat Their Wives

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    I instantly felt the aggressive-media-anti-muslim-islam-arab-propaganda taking its toll on me.. I started to think she would explode or something.. but she was just sitting there.. very nice girl.. anyway..

there have been almost ZERO cases of rape in Saudi Arabia & Dubai in the past 25 years!!!
    It wasn't the media being anti-Muslim, since they are not. Maybe it was you using your own judgement? Many Muslims here are good people and Americanized, but too many are not.

And that second point is a flat out lie. Probably Saudi propaganda trying to make their country sound like a nice place to live. I watched a video on Liveleak not too long ago of a guy in Saudi Arabia being sworded to death for rape. It's bullshit, people are people everywhere and they definitely have a lot of rapists over there just like anywhere. Probably women who were victims won't come forth because Muslim religion makes it look shameful for a women to be raped.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Dubai isn't Saudi Arabia. They are very different. I think your friend may be wanting to cast a better light on Saudi Arabia so you won't pity her going there.

[url]http://www.amnesty.org/ailib/intcam/saudi/briefing/4.html[/url]

From wiki:
    [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Saudi_Arabia[/url]

Saudi women face severe discrimination in many aspects of their lives, including education, employment, and the justice system and are clearly regarded as inferior to men. Although they make up 70% of those enrolled in universities, women make up just 5% of the workforce in Saudi Arabia [3], the lowest proportion in the world. Implementation of a government resolution supporting expanded employment opportunities for women met resistance from within the labor ministry[4], from the religious police [5], and from the male citizenry[6]. These institutions and individuals generally claim that according to Sharia a woman's place is in the home caring for her husband and family.

In the legal system, women face discrimination as the criminal laws of Saudi Arabia adhere to strict Islamic precepts. An example of this is the requirements for testifying in criminal proceedings; The witness must be deemed sane, the age of an adult, and a Muslim. Non-Muslims may not testify in criminal court. Women may not testify unless it is a personal matter that did not occur in the sight of men. The testimony of a woman is not regarded as fact but as presumption. The reasons women are forbidden to testify in proceedings are (quote):[7] [8]

1. Women are much more emotional than men and will, as a result of their emotions, distort their testimony.

2. Women do not participate in public life, so they will not be capable of understanding what they observe.

3. Women are dominated completely by men, who by the grace of God are deemed superior; therefore, women will give testimony according to what the last man told them.

4. Women are forgetful, and their testimony cannot be considered reliable.

As a result of these laws women are particularly vulnerable in cases of assault and/or rape, as their testimony is treated as a presumption, while that of their attackers is accepted as fact. Women are not allowed to drive or ride bicycles on public roads in large cities. However, some do so on rural roads illegally.[citation needed] Women are allowed to fly aircraft, though they must be chauffeured to the airport.[9] Education, although limited, has become an important aspect. Religious police enforce a modest code of dress; foreign women are also expected to wear abaya, violators may face caning, harassment or fines. There are numerous legal restrictions of what kind of jobs women can do (as to prevent their direct contact with men). Progressively over the decades, many foreigners residing in the Kingdom have reported that enforcement of dress code laws has become slightly less strict.[citation needed] Institutions from schools to ministries to restaurants are always sex-segregated. Women cannot be admitted to a hospital, examined by a doctor, travel abroad or leave the house without the express permission and/or company of an immediate male relative. After their first menstrual cycle, women must cover their entire body in a long black cloak (abaaya) as according to tradition.[citation needed] Failing to do so results in severe punishment.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Dubai isn't Saudi Arabia. They are very different. I think your friend may be wanting to cast a better light on Saudi Arabia so you won't pity her going there.

[url]http://www.amnesty.org/ailib/intcam/saudi/briefing/4.html[/url]

From wiki:
    [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Saudi_Arabia[/url]

Saudi women face severe discrimination in many aspects of their lives, including education, employment, and the justice system and are clearly regarded as inferior to men. Although they make up 70% of those enrolled in universities, women make up just 5% of the workforce in Saudi Arabia [3], the lowest proportion in the world. Implementation of a government resolution supporting expanded employment opportunities for women met resistance from within the labor ministry[4], from the religious police [5], and from the male citizenry[6]. These institutions and individuals generally claim that according to Sharia a woman's place is in the home caring for her husband and family.

In the legal system, women face discrimination as the criminal laws of Saudi Arabia adhere to strict Islamic precepts. An example of this is the requirements for testifying in criminal proceedings; The witness must be deemed sane, the age of an adult, and a Muslim. Non-Muslims may not testify in criminal court. Women may not testify unless it is a personal matter that did not occur in the sight of men. The testimony of a woman is not regarded as fact but as presumption. The reasons women are forbidden to testify in proceedings are (quote):[7] [8]

1. Women are much more emotional than men and will, as a result of their emotions, distort their testimony.

2. Women do not participate in public life, so they will not be capable of understanding what they observe.

3. Women are dominated completely by men, who by the grace of God are deemed superior; therefore, women will give testimony according to what the last man told them.

4. Women are forgetful, and their testimony cannot be considered reliable.

As a result of these laws women are particularly vulnerable in cases of assault and/or rape, as their testimony is treated as a presumption, while that of their attackers is accepted as fact. Women are not allowed to drive or ride bicycles on public roads in large cities. However, some do so on rural roads illegally.[citation needed] Women are allowed to fly aircraft, though they must be chauffeured to the airport.[9] Education, although limited, has become an important aspect. Religious police enforce a modest code of dress; foreign women are also expected to wear abaya, violators may face caning, harassment or fines. There are numerous legal restrictions of what kind of jobs women can do (as to prevent their direct contact with men). Progressively over the decades, many foreigners residing in the Kingdom have reported that enforcement of dress code laws has become slightly less strict.[citation needed] Institutions from schools to ministries to restaurants are always sex-segregated. Women cannot be admitted to a hospital, examined by a doctor, travel abroad or leave the house without the express permission and/or company of an immediate male relative. After their first menstrual cycle, women must cover their entire body in a long black cloak (abaaya) as according to tradition.[citation needed] Failing to do so results in severe punishment.
    Like I said.. it's an entire country.. just like the U.S... If you start to look at all the hick states.. you'd be looking at a similar picture..

But in the major cities.. which is actually where most of the people live.. things are as close to normal as they can be.. And yes.. I know Saudi Arabia is not the UAE.. thanks.. lol.. eww.. this huge snot just flew out my nose.. ugh.. gross.. sry.. lol

What the heck is a troll???
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    I don't get it.. maybe i'm a bit outdated on this online jargon.. but what's the implication of calling someone a "troll"???
    A "joker",

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Grk - That entire country is the size of one of our states. What you are calling a town is more like one of our neighborhoods, and by most objective perspectives, things aren't all that progressive in the cities there, either. I think your friend is just an apologist.

A troll is someone who comes to a forum and posts deliberately inflammatory statements in hopes of stirring up a fight.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

(i didn't realize ya'll were having a nice discussion. and i felt bad for closing it. stupid feelings.)
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Interesting.. well.. yeah.. these heated political/religious discussions should definately be closed.. no questions about it..

I see what you mean by "troll" now.. and all I can say is that someone who is.. is just wasting his/her time.. I don't really see the point.. they should just find better things to do.. I mean.. quite honestly.. the forum is designed to help people.. not to start up stuff.. (that's FOX new's job)..
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12