+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saudi Marriage 'Expert' Advises Men in 'Right Way' to Beat Their Wives

Saudi Marriage 'Expert' Advises Men in 'Right Way' to Beat Their Wives

Move over, Dr. Phil, there's a new relationship expert in town.

He's Saudi author and cleric, "Dr." Muhammad Al-'Arifi, who in a remarkable segment broadcast on Saudi and Kuwaiti television in September, counseled young Muslim men on how to treat their wives.

"Admonish them – once, twice, three times, four times, ten times," he advised. "If this doesn't help, refuse to share their beds."

And if that doesn't work?

"Beat them," one of his three young advisees responded.

"That's right," Al-'Arifi said.

He goes on to calmly explain to the young men that hitting their future wives in the face is a no-no.

"Beating in the face is forbidden, even when it comes to animals," he explained. "Even if you want your camel or donkey to start walking, you are not allowed to beat it in the face. If this is true for animals, it is all the more true when it comes to humans. So beatings should be light and not in the face."

His final words of wisdom?

"Woman, it has gone too far. I can't bear it anymore," he tells the men to tell their wives. "If he beats her, the beatings must be light and must not make her face ugly.

"He must beat her where it will not leave marks. He should not beat her on the hand... He should beat her in some places where it will not cause any damage. He should not beat her like he would beat an animal or a child -- slapping them right and left.

"Unfortunately, many husbands beat their wives only when they get mad, and when they start beating, it as if they are punching a wall – they beat with their hands, right and left, and sometimes use their feet. Brother, it is a human being you are beating. This is forbidden. He must not do this."

Take that, Match.com!

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,307680,00.html[/url]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I guess the Saudis are almost as primitive as we Americans.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I guess the Saudis are almost as primitive as we Americans.
    Well, first of all, the story is from FOX news.. I mean.. I wouldn't even bother with posting the link.. you know.. just to make your post more credible..

Secondly.. Beating is wrong.. even light beating.. But I should find you the article with the Minister down in Arkansas telling his friend; "beat that b*tch till the devil comes out of her".. amazing FOX news didn't cover that story.. oh wait.. it doesn't portray muslims in a negative way.. why would they bother?

I mean.. this religious guy.. was telling the other guy.. "beat her lightly".. which is still wrong; I mean.. I wouldn't even beat my kids; and I got beat when I was a kid.. I come from a greek household.. so I'd get beat with coat hangers, belts, shoes, newspapers, plumbing supplies (pipes).. etc... it wasn't pretty.. and it left plenty of marks.. lol.. but it shouldn't take that for someone to see how wrong beating is..

Mostly, because as I remember it.. after the 2nd or 3rd time.. It wasn't the pain of the beating that made me cry.. but the fact that my parents were beating me.. it was so degrading and punishing..

But remember; on one hand that's the case in civilized areas.. but there are parts of the world.. (which include parts of the united states).. which are still largely socially-culturally-ethically-morally primative and narrow-minded.. In that sense.. consider "light beating; and in a place where no damage is caused" to be quite profound or liberal in whatever village this took place.. Believe me.. as much as you & FOX would like to believe.. Saudi Arabia is not as bad as the article may lead you to believe.. Imagine being in Saudi Arabia and reading the article about the man in Arkansas..

You would probably think "wow, these crazy americans".. but truth be told.. americans in New York & California would be offended... because that article doesn't present a fair picture of the reality there.. Likewise.. it's not the case that in major cities of Saudi Arabia do such things occur..

So, moral of the story.. beating is wrong, no matter how "light" it is.. and question harshly everything you get from FOX news & CNN; even the weather.. they're that bad..
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Would anybody (besides stalin) be opposed to me shutting this thread down?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

beating your children is the proper way to raise them.

I remember when I was bullied, I told my father. He got upset and beat me up with his golf club. Then he bought me a baseball bat and told me to beat the bullies in the head.

I was never botherd again and learned to never take shit from no one.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    on the contrary, since we are on the topic of beating animals and wives.. one should consider,.. if we can treat our women and animals the same, i must question would these people also f*ck their camels??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I hope that question doesn't keep you awake at night, Illusional.

I'd like to put in a nomination for Stalin_Skaya for "Troll of the Year".
    Spammer Spanker

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    nothing keeps me awake at night. i drink my liquor and i go to bed for the rest of the night. end of story.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I love how this guy has the audacity to call Americans violent. Meanwhile he shares stories of his father beating him and providing him with a baseball bat to take out bullies. Add to that the fact that he glorifies a mass murderer with his name and avatar and what do you have?

A boring troll or a complete and total idiot. I'm leaning toward troll because I really can't believe this guy is for real. Perhaps I'm just too optimistic about the human race.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    Would anybody (besides stalin) be opposed to me shutting this thread down?
    Yes, please.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I actually heard about this on the radio before stalin posted it, but GrkScorp? I believe things ARE pretty bad in Saudi Arabia for women in general.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This video is old.

And I'm hoping Stalin is a troll and not for real

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I actually heard about this on the radio before stalin posted it, but GrkScorp? I believe things ARE pretty bad in Saudi Arabia for women in general.
    Well, I have a girl from Dubai in my class, and she goes to Saudi Arabia, because she has family there.

I mean, she dresses normally.. but once she told me she was from Dubai.. and I herd the word "Arabia" from her mouth.. I instantly felt the aggressive-media-anti-muslim-islam-arab-propaganda taking its toll on me.. I started to think she would explode or something.. but she was just sitting there.. very nice girl.. anyway..

So, after I cleared my head, and was thinking objectively.. I got to ask her how how things are over there.. And apparently.. things are ALOT better in Saudi Arabia & Dubai compared to ALL other middle eastern countries.. Yes, 1. women can't drive; 2. can't leave the house without wearing their burka (or conservative attire in the major cities "traditional cloth over the head")... BUT.. they can walk by themselves (which in the cities is safe).. there have been almost ZERO cases of rape in Saudi Arabia & Dubai in the past 25 years!!!

As for employment; women hold ordinary jobs just like men; more women go to schools & colleges than men (65% women)!!! Fields of Law, Medicine, Sciences & Engineering are dominated by women.. And, women are free to move out of the country [pending an official foreign visa or passport].. In the case of Shemila, she moved here after finishing her Master's in Applied Mathematics & Physics.. now she's here to study Law & Specialize in Patents..

Women in Pakistan for instance, would never be able to do this with the same ease.. And women here.. I mean.. they all have the opportunity.. but for some reason.. don't seem to dominate those sectors of the labor market.. What can I tell you..

I'm not a troll sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by Stalin_Skaya View Post
    I'm not a troll sorry...
    I don't get it.. maybe i'm a bit outdated on this online jargon.. but what's the implication of calling someone a "troll"???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast