+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do you think saying 'i love you' weakens a relationship?

Do you think saying 'i love you' weakens a relationship?

Yeah just was wondering about what people think about saying 'I love you'. How long should you have been in a relationship until you say it? Does it confuse things? Does it make people more jealous in a relationship? Opinions please
    your boyfriend thinks I'm hot

Quote Originally Posted by Babydoll View Post
    Yeah just was wondering about what people think about saying 'I love you'. How long should you have been in a relationship until you say it? Does it confuse things? Does it make people more jealous in a relationship? Opinions please
    My opinion is that you should really wait until you know for sure it's truly love, and not just infatuation..

The infatuation stage can last anywhere from 6 months to a year. I'm still in the infatuation stage with this guy whom I've been seeing now for about 5months.

I have been in love before, and it was well over a year before I knew it!! I'm older now, but I don't think that makes a difference as much as it did then seeing as how I was able to heal from my old wounds and start over fresh again..

Anyway, my suggestion would be that you just take things nice and slow! say things like you're crazy about him/her, or you really like him/her allot.. things like that.. take your time!! There's no reason to rush something beautiful before it has a chance to bloom fully! You could damage it in the process that way!

best wishes!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    wait, isn't this the girl who was asking about sexual partners?? i'm curious, do you feel that you love your bf now?

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

we said these words (i love you ) whenever we feel them ...

they're just WORDS that express how we feel anyway. Saying them shouldn't eally change anything for the worse if they're genuine.

You say it when you feel it. That's all. How could it confuse things if it's true?
    Spammer Spanker

Tedel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Babydoll View Post
    Don't you think it's curious the way in which people get scared when listening to these words? What is the big deal about them? Who says I love you is sharing a feeling, not placing a burden on your shoulders.

Would you rather hear "I want you", "You're hot", "I wanna sc*ew you all night long"? If I were a girl, I wouldn't.

AGREE...U say it when u feel it,some ppl are afraid to say them for this same reason, they think u should say it afer a certain time,but noooo