+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I Need Your Help

I Need Your Help

My boyfriend is wanting to fly to visit his uncle a couple of weeks before Christmas, the problem is that he wants to go without me. I understand that we do not need to go everywhere together, but I really wanted to go with him. On the other hand, I think that a couple days apart would be good for our relationship. I have contradicting thoughts.---Is he trying to send me a message that he wants our realtionship to end? HELP!!!

Wanting to see a family member without you there does not mean he wants the relationship to end. It just means he's more comfortable (or it's more convenient) to see the relative without you there, especially since this requires a plane trip. He might not want to burden his uncle with the both of you, or worry about a place to stay for you. If you can't handle a few days without him, then you might be a little too attached. Let him go on his trip, and welcome him back when he comes.

Be optimistic and let him go for a few days. It will be healthy for both of you.

I think youre overreacting to the situation, it shows some insecurity on your part. Have you told him how you felt about this? Let him go on the trip. How long have you been together? Dont take it personally that he wants to go, just make other plans yourself. Do you guys live together?
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

I also think it's not the biggest thing. One thing to keep in mind though is that guys are not as subtle as women...not by a long shot.
    So if you are wondering about something, just ask.
    The direct approach is usually the best with guys, especially if you are wondering about something

This does not mean anything beyond the fact that he wants some time alone with his uncle. Don't freak out about this- guys hate that.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Don't freak out about this- guys hate that.
    I totally agree.

Guys freak out about things like this, especially if it's something small for him.

I think that I am starting to realize that I did over react. We do live together, which made the feelings more difficult to deal with, I believe. If he goes, I have made other plans for that week to take my mind off of things and deep down inside, I believe that this will be healthy for the relationship. Thanks for all your helpful responses.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    shut up... give him some space...

maybe you are suffocating him and he wants some time with his family without because you two spend all the time together. instead just pray that his flight doesn't crash and you'll be fine. on the real, when i spend too much time with anyone, i go crazy. we constantly need to interact with different people and that's all that he is doing.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...