+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lack in confidence

Lack in confidence

I've read a lot of posts on this forum..where guys and girls alike are in situations where they are too scared about getting to know someone they fancy.

Of course its normal to be a little shy..but i just think we need to have a bit more confidence in ourselves..because we shouldn't think that the guy/girl we like is out of our league or just not interested in us because we're not "hot, smart or cool". Don't put that person on a pedestal where you yourself aren't standing on.

Next time you feel like you want to get to know someone..just go for it. You can't lose someone/something you don't have...and therefore you will come out of it either with that girl/guy or with newfound understanding and CHANGE! don't hang around waiting for it to just happen..any change is better than the waiting game.

I've been through times where i thought.."he won't like me..i'm not pretty like the other girls"..but you know what chances are they're probably thinking the same thing. I'm now with someone i truly adore because i went with my heart. This is not an attack or anything to flack those who are going through a situation like this..i just wanted to put my 2 cents in on the topic. Give yourself the benefit of the doubt and just do what you have to do to make yourself happy. Don't live thinking that others are just too good for you because everyone has their imperfections..just some are better at covering it up than others..or they just don't care.

No, it will not always end up a fairytale if you do decide to talk to that person you've been eyeing..but at least you won't have to torture your hearts with thoughts of 'what-ifs". Be prepared for rejection..but also be prepared for change..cos my god is it better than not knowing. Besides..i think you're pretty sexy..yes that's right..YOU!
    "We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little bit of each other everywhere."

Another side of the story:

Just because you get your confidence up and ask her out doesn't mean she OWES you a date. if she turns you down, it doesn't necessarily make her the world's biggest bitch (that would be ME).

Just shrug your shoulders, figure it wasn't meant to be, and move on with your life.

It says: Potential: Not everyone gets to be an astronaut when they grow up.
    Spammer Spanker

yep that's true. if you get turned down it doesn't make you or the other person bad people..it just isn't meant to be.
    "We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little bit of each other everywhere."

Tedel Guest
    Wow... That was very well said, girls.
    *Tedel claps...

I like sine24. I like you, too, Tedel.
    Spammer Spanker

aww...its love *group hug* enjoy your day Giga and Tedal..make sure its got a splash of confidence in for good measure!