+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: for the heartbroken

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

for the heartbroken

a little background...

for the past year, i applied for a government job and currently i am at the final stage, the background check. i have never gotten in trouble with the law, nor do i have any legal monetary issues. being that i have already cleared two previous government security checks, i felt that i was in. i gave my current job my last day of work, and i have planned a trip in the month of december.

so last night, i got a letter stated that i have been rejected for this job. wtf... i couldn't think of any possible reason as to why i didn't get this job. there must have been some sort of mix up with the information or someone f*ct up i thought, so now i'm going to call the HRO dept and see if they can clear things up.

being that the background check itself is done in the mainland and it's probably confidential information, i'm not so sure that they can help me out. bottom line, this letter of rejection might be as far as the road will take me.

now for those of you with the broken hearts.. i have come to terms already that the information probably didn't get crossed and i have accepted the fact that something must've happened that diminished my chances of getting my job. i'm currently thinking of how i might be able to keep my job, and still take my trip.. if anything, i'll go looking for another job but time will tell.

if i can get over what i have been dreaming for the past year about in one night, then i'm sure it's not that hard for others to get over their ex's. yes, we are comparing two different things here, but the bottom line is that too many people on hold to things when they know that they should let them go. how many times do you hear, "oh it hurts so much i just can't forget that other person". well it's because you don't try to. true, it sucks that i didn't get my job, but i'm going to suck it up and not let it hold down the rest of my day, week, or year for that matter. i don't live in the past, i live for the moment, so i hope that some of you will take this advice and stop crying over the past and move the hell on.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

way to turn not getting a job into a holier-than-thou speech about how other people aren't as good as you.

if that happened to me, I'd go away with a deep seated feeling of failure. But you turn it around. yay for you. I'm sure something better will come along

I'm sorry that happened to you, Illusional. Be prepared for some backlash- you're probably not as "over it" as you think you are, because humans are complex emotional creatures, and like it or not, you're one of us too.
    Spammer Spanker

Raver at least youre looking at it optimistically, the thing you keep in mind is that it just means a bigger opportunity is coming your way!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yes you all got me, this morning as i woke up and sat staring at my wall, i though to myself...what am i going to do today. after about an hour of feeling sorry for myself, i finally got the nerve to get out of bed and slump around on the computer for another hour or so. now it's 3pm and i'm back on the computer and once again staring at a computer screen wondering what my point in life is...

hell f*cking NO. hahaha... i honestly wanted this job and i dropped my end date at fedex...however, i thought to myself. i planned my japan trip, which i still am determined to go. so i'm going, f*ck this job, i'll try again next year. in the mean time i'm going to talk to my head boss at fedex so see if i can take a leave of absence being that my trip is already paid for. yes, it's the busiest time of the year and if i must quit then i will only to reapply again. i'm one of the harder workers there and i know that they do not want to loose me.

haha with all that said, like my tattoo says, i don't dwell on the past. crying and feeling sorry for myself won't change the outcome to why should i bother with it?? people need to be strong like me...

in the mean time.... *stands up and ring's kyle's neck because i am stronger than him*

that's for you squirt.

raverboy

Good for you Raver! At least youre taking action which is a hell of alot more than most people. They sit on their asses and mope. Take that trip which is well deserved! Have a great time too!

will you come to FL to ring kyles neck for me?
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yay for you! I am glad you are still going to Japan, but you still aren't holier-than-I, even if I DO whine and carry on... I am allowed to because I have ovaries.

Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    f*ck.. shit just happened...again.

so my friend that i'm going to japan with also applied for the same job as me. it seems that he's in the same boat with the same replies that i had. well i was the first to get denied this job and he might be facing the same outcome. time will tell, but if time doesn't favor him, he's calling it quits on our trip, thus three total japan trips will be cancels. now this is something that i will shit over.

dammit he is going to crush my dream.. where is that so-called wall where i was supposedly staring at before?? i now have a reason to loose myself in the "vash" errr.. vast nothingness. why does god punish me?? wait, why do i get punished?? is it because of my big balls that won't fertilize shhh's ovaries?? women are evil i tell you, if there was a god, he'd have some tits.

=)~

raverboy

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why can't just the two of you guys go?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    there's three of us total, including his gf.. ftf...whatever she is.

well, we were both going to quit our jobs and the trip is paid for.. but we answered the drug question on the applications with yes. i did do MJ before.

before you say stupid, i know it is.. i should've lied.. BUT. when i talked to the people who were helping us complete our applications, they said that it's better to be honest. the people who process the applications would rather have you tell the truth and admit that you've just tried it, rather than lie and have them find out about it later. so of course we said that we've tried it under experimental terms, but i guess the jobs weren't to happy with our answers. see, the moral of the story is lying always gets the job done. honestly doesn't pay very well... jack shit to be honest.

raverboy

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know if that was it... i know the county of Los Angeles decides to hire (or not) very sporadically. Marijuana is so benign by today's standards... what kind of job were you applying for?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    it was a navy shipyard job. however, i'm not sure if that was the reason too... the people who did the security check didn't give me a reason. the HRO lady who i talked to down here said that if she had to choose a reason that i wouldn't be hired, then it would be that.

raverboy

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe they are worried you will be importing through the shipyards...

anachronistic Guest
    good luck to ya illusional.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Job or no job right now, trip or no trip right now, you are still awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast