+ Follow This Topic

Thread: me? replaceable?

me? replaceable?

Ok so ive been going out with ma boy for about 6 months now during which time we have never been in a fight before

he hardly ever gets mad and i hardly do ever either but when he does upset me i normally don't say anything about it im the type of person that finds it reeeeeal hard to talk about feelings does anyone else get that?

i want to get better at communicating how i feel but don't know where to start sometimes if im real upset i feel if i say anything i mite cry and i dont like other ppl seeing me cry any suggestions?

anyway last nite me and my boy had a conversation, he was saying that everyone can b replaced and i was saying yes they can but it will never be excatly the same and he said i was wrong that you can easily find someone the same or almost pretty much the same, like say if we broke up he cud find someone just as much fun, just like me or close enough

i had a mate say that to us once and not as a joke that she could easily replace us and even that hurt!

i didnt say anything and its not til the next day at work when i properly sit down and think about it and although its a little thing it really really upset me
    made me feel like i was of little value to him that he believed i could easily b replaced!

from what ive told you do u think im making a big deal out of nothing?
    how can i be open, communicate better and learn how to talk about my feelings with out getting so upset?
    if someone close to you said that you could easily be replaced would you be mad?

thanks for the help guys

Damn, what a passionless, booooring relationship! He's got the charisma of an old turnip.

Call his bluff and dump his ass. You deserve better than this. Everyone does.
    Spammer Spanker

he sounds like a loser. when one looks for a relationship they look to be one of a kind. and that is why that person is with you, and only you, because there is no one else like you.

i think ive had a boyfriend like the one youve got.

if so:

i think he was trying to make a point and didnt want you to prove him wrong....because he really didnt know what he was talking about....he was talking out of his ass.

tell him how you feel about what he said. talk to him and see if he is willing to be more considerate.

if not...dump his ass

if you can work it out or live with it.....good luck to ya...

If my partner said that to me I would be upset. What an insensitive thing to say. Not only insensitive, but also not true. You could replace some little parts of relationship with someone else, but you can never replace the person. Their uniqeuness will be lost forever.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I can understand with what he said to be taken personal and offensive, lets give it the benefit of the doubt hes not the best communicator and he didnt mean it in that way that you can be replaced and someone can be exactly like you.

Maybe he meant feelings towards someone life can go on and that can be replaced. Take some time to rethink about this whole conversation and try to get to know him better, does he not think everyone is different? get his opinon on that.

We are indviduals. dont obsess over this converstation. If worst comes to worst and he just happens to think "YOU" are replaceable then thats something youd have to think about(id dump him), and if he just thinks "EVERYONE" is replaceable then youd have to think about if thats someone youd like to be with. Good luck

U definitely have little communication with ur guy...need to work on that...remember if u want to be treated a certain way u have to treat others in that way.

I believe he was just acting "tough", most probably he didn't want u to think he's totally into you! And that's why he said what he said.I've been there & I believe he really likes u or doesn't wanna let u go, and that's why he uses that reverse psychology on you, to show no weakness in losing u, but deep down he fears it!

I don't know if u get me...it's kinda confusing, but some guys & some relationships are like that! Some people put on a mask, afraid others may take advantage or think of them as little if thay show the real them!
    =D
    God never closes a door without opening another one!