+ Follow This Topic

Thread: "Can love really last a lifetime?"

"Can love really last a lifetime?"

Hmm Ive found out that romantic love involves chemical changes in the brain that last 12-18 months. After that, you and your partner are on your own.
    Love can absolutely last for a lifetime as desired to be maintained.

Meaning, its both your choice.

Bottom line is: IT WILL LAST, IF YOU KNOW HOW TO COMMIT..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

what? how could that be? makes no sence to me

No, the feeling of euporia and lust, ie the butterfly feeling, has a limited life, not romantic love per se.

Ahh if only that feeling you have in the beginning of a relationship always stayed there

I knew the lusty feeling was limited, but there was no way that love itself could be limited =\

Quote Originally Posted by Sensetive View Post
    I knew the lusty feeling was limited, but there was no way that love itself could be limited =
    uhm..for me their are different kinds of love
    infatuated love, romantic love, companionate love, fatous love and consumate love.. I am pin pointing romantic love that could be limited..

"Romantic Love"
    A romantic relationship is one where you have a deep feeling of connection to the other person. You accept them as they are, want them to feel good, and deeply appreciate who they are. They fit in with most of your preferences in a life partner, i.e.; personality, life goals, beliefs and value systems, etc. One of the ways you desire to express your love for them through your sexuality. "Sex" is the one key element that distinguishes a romantic relationship from all other types..
    Last edited by Zenmarke; 12-11-07 at 08:10 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My grandparents have been together for 50+ years. That is pretty much a lifetime.

Zenmarke: It could be limited, as with everything else, but it could also last a lifetime. Or are you suggesting that couples who have twenty+ years under their belts no longer accept each other as they are, appreciate each other, or have sex? My parents still have sex. My dad made the mistake of hiding the AA batteries in the same place he kept the condoms.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenmarke View Post
    "Romantic Love"
    A romantic relationship is one where you have a deep feeling of connection to the other person. You accept them as they are, want them to feel good, and deeply appreciate who they are. They fit in with most of your preferences in a life partner, i.e.; personality, life goals, beliefs and value systems, etc. One of the ways you desire to express your love for them through your sexuality. "Sex" is the one key element that distinguishes a romantic relationship from all other types..
    Yes. This type of love can last a lifetime. Its very different from the fleeting 'rush' type of love feeling you have early on in a relationship, however.

It requires patience, maturity, appreciation for the humanity of others and lots of tolerance. Something that is lacking in our modern 'instant gratification' and 'no bullshit' society, hence the high divorce rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenmarke View Post
    uhm.. their are different kinds of love
    infatuated love, romantic love, companionate love, fatous love and consumate love.. I am pin pointing romantic love that could be limited..

"Romantic Love"
    so you think that's limited???

Hmmm you right moonchild sorry bout that... Well now it depends to "YOU" reader... I dont want to have sex when my conjones are all soggy and dry.. unless your a sex maniac that even in your 80's you are still active in it... my goodness
    Last edited by Zenmarke; 12-11-07 at 08:22 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]