+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Charlie Brown Valentine

Charlie Brown Valentine

I was bored today so I started watching the "Charlie Brown Valentine's Day Special" (I have a few specials on my computer).

So get this . . . here's a quote from the man himself . . .

I've give anything to be able to talk to that littel red-haired girl. The amazing thing is that I know I'm the sort of person she'd like. I'm not rought or crude or anything. I'm no the greatest person that ever lived of course, but after all, who is? I'm just the nice sorta guy, who never gets to meet little red-haired girls.

And within FIVE minutes of watching him, I feel confident that he was, is, and probably will always be just like me. Or rather, vice-versa.

'Chuck' Brown

BTW, in another related note, did anyone else notice how much the music to the charlie brown specials ROCKS?! It's some REALLY great jazz playing. I liked it as a kid, but never realized just how TRULY awesome it is until now. I need to get a soundtrack. Christmas, Halloween, Valentine's Day, all the music is the coolest jazz I've heard in a long time.

Alexi

I love Charlie Brown..
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by sfalexi
    BTW, in another related note, did anyone else notice how much the music to the charlie brown specials ROCKS?! It's some REALLY great jazz playing. I liked it as a kid, but never realized just how TRULY awesome it is until now. I need to get a soundtrack. Christmas, Halloween, Valentine's Day, all the music is the coolest jazz I've heard in a long time.

Alexi
    Always loved the music in Charlie Brown. When I was in high school, my drama club did "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown". That was the best fun I ever had. You're right. Amazing jazz. (Snoopy's just a jazz dog!). Schroder does play some Beethoven though too. He's the whole reason I learned to play Fur Elise on the piano. And in that aforementioned play, Lucy sings a song set to Schroder's rendition of Moonlight Sonata. Weird how a cartoon could give me an appreciation for classical music. All in all, great music.

On another note, don't worry Alexi. You'll get your little red-haired girl.