+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Finding a love

Finding a love

Hello whoever reads this,
    I am 36, male and single. I don't want to sound like a loser or anything, but I am so badly wanting to find the girl I've been needing all my life.

Humbly, I am a good looking guy, skinny, athletic, fairly healthy and pretty much a nice guy.

With a crazy childhood and unsure past, I find myself today...lonely. I'm genuine. I'm so badly wanting to meet and love a beautiful girl/woman who is healthy, fit and loving.

I'm not asking for much, but for me, it's a matter of life and death - I think. I NEED to let this happen.

Does any female out there have any advice. Please, if you want to criticize me and make me feel like a JERK, don't. I'm not a jerk. Bad past times have brought me to the place I am. But I am sincere.

Help! Please............................................ ........

Well the only thing you can do is put yourself out there, right? Try a gym, perhaps, or if your friends have any social gatherings, attend. The more people you meet, the better. And if someone strikes your fancy, talk to her, get a number, move on from there. But going out and talking to people is definitely the first step--you can't do much else without that, unless you're going to resort to online dating sites.

Just be open. And I know this sounds lame and cliche, but be yourself. Seriously. Everyone hears that but no one ever listens to it. Go out with friends and tell that joke that's itching in your head, or giggle with a coworker. Do a funky dance if you're excited (unless the setting is just inappropriate). Girls love it if you're confident in being yourself. If you like you, others will like you.

The other thing I have to say is just make yourself approachable. You can meet people anywhere really -- work, classes, parties, the gym, a club/organization, the grocery store...

Good luck!

stop trying. Your post makes you sound desperate and there is nothing more off putting than a man like that.

When I met my man he was 37 and had almost resigned himself to the fact that he would be single, never have a family or wife which is what he wanted. Had been single for a number of years. At one point his desperation for me to stay nearly ended our relationship, but I decided (for a change) to give him the benefit of the doubt and we get married next year.

Learn how to be comfortable alone, confident in who you are. Chill out, be yourself and don't 'look' for love. Love finds you not the other way round

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What has prevented you from connecting with a woman thus far? What sort of feedback have you had with women?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

There's no way a guy as good as the one you describe yourself to be is having trouble finding women. So tell us- what's wrong with you? Have you dated many women in the past? Why did it not work out? Have you had any feedback from ex-girlfriends?
    Spammer Spanker

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Going lonewolf is a lifestyle

It's not a matter of life and death, we all die eventually. Maybe it will shorten your life a decade or so from sadness but that isn't TOO pressing at age 36, right?

Why don't you give us a more detailed account of your past? Nobody is going to be able to help you that much with the information you posted here