+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BF ego problem after we wrestled

BF ego problem after we wrestled

I have a problem w/my BF's ego. A few weeks ago I finished taking beginner level judo classes and earned my yellow belt. I really enjoyed the classes and found i was pretty good at it, even tho' i'm not really muscular (i'm tall, 5'9", but slender, and weigh about 125lbs)...plus i'm a pretty girly-looking girl..i wear my hair long and like dresses, etc., and I am considered a "looker."

Anyway, b/c of all this,my BF didn't take my classes very seriously and when I told him i got my yellow belt he just laughed. A lot. And when he was done laughing, well, I was kinda mad and so I challenged him to a wrestling match.

We're the same height but has at least 40lbs on me, and he didn't want to do it at first but after I said 'your just afraid of losing to a girl' he was like, "OK, let me teach you a lesson'.

So we moved some firniture out of the way and we got going and he didn't try very hard at first, b/c he just didn't think he'd have to!

But then i tripped him w/a leg sweep and he went down on the floor, and I could see his face get all red and when he got back up he started trying really hard to beat me. Well, long story short, I kept using throws and leg sweeps to send him to the floor, and waited til he got really tired, and then when i could tell his strength was running out, I kept him down on the floor and after a fairly long struggle, I pinned him!

So i had a little laugh at his expense and said "I hope you learned YOUR lesson", but since then he hasn't let it go, and kept after me for a rematch, saying "I got lucky", etc...so last week I finally said "OK" to one more match b/c he wouldnt stop asking, and, yes, I beat him again.

Now he's TOTALLY bent out of shape and keeps trying for another match to prove he can beat me and I need help b/c I'm sick of his attitude!

Was I wrong to defeat him?
    Should I just fake it and let him win?
    I keep telling him it's just b/c I know judo and he doesn't but he's still

(also, when I suggested we take classes together so he could compete w/me better, he said "I don't need to know judo to beat a girl!" )
    what should i do???

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's really, really funny. You certainly shouldn't lose to him on purpose. Serves him right. He'll get over it with time, unless he's a moron. If I was you, I'd just refrain from rubbing salt into the wound or making derogatory remarks about his masculinity.

Tell him to get a yellow belt as well, so next time you can have a worthy battle
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ahahaha! That was pretty funny! I bet it was really hard on his ego, though. I don't know that I would have done what you did. I think a lot of males like to feel like they can offer some degree of protection for the "weaker" sex. I suggest you refuse to wrestle with him any more, and never mention it again.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

i can't believe he laughed about a yellow belt in judo. that's pretty cool, i think. anyway, he deserved to get a beat down.

anyway, maybe he'll think twice about laughing when you get your black belt.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I wouldn't loose to him on purpose, no way! Am sure it was real hard on his ego considering his behaviour since then.

I think what you did was funny, I think his reaction was even funnier. Perhaps he is afraid people will found out he got his arse kicked by a 'looker' lol

men are just too prideful and think they are always right.. blah blah you get it. my boyfriend is the same way when we wrestle around and stuff. they never want to admit to fault. i personally would just leave alone. your whole judo thing is your personal zone that you enjoy doing. if he's into it then, if he want to join let him. don't push it on someone.
    "A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left" - Marilyn Monroe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

find someone who can beat you. Problem solved.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Tell him to get a yellow belt as well, so next time you can have a worthy battle
    +1

Don't feel bad, don't fake letting him win & don't engage. Save your training for the dojo. You are too junior to be using this stuff on your partner if he is going to act this way. You stand a good chance of getting hurt. His resentment will only increase as you improve.

BTW, I study Aikido, another MA that favours small persons.

Ask your sensei for advice if this continues. Osu!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    find someone who can beat you. Problem solved.
    Hahahaha!
    ________

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    BTW, I study Aikido, another MA that favours small persons.
    Aikijujutsu here, the style is called Kaze Arashi Ryu.. though both Judo & Aikido seperately are very good for self-defense..
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    f*ck no.. keep kicking his ass because he's too arrogant to shut up.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    Aikijujutsu here, the style is called Kaze Arashi Ryu.. though both Judo & Aikido seperately are very good for self-defense..
    Cool. I didn't know there were any aikijujutsu schools... as you prbly know, that's the origin of modern aikido. FYI, I study the Yoshinkan style, which is a bit closer to what you do than some of the others out there.

I may be out of the "norm" but I would find that attractive for some strange reason...

your BF sounds like an asswipe! I often have wrestling and grappling sessions with my BF, but since he trains as well he doesn't mind if he loses every now and then because he knows ABOUT IT. he knows that you don't necessarily need strength and it's the technique that does it. The problem is hat your BF is clueless and thinks it's all brawn and muscle and being male.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast