+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quiet during sex common? What does it mean?

Quiet during sex common? What does it mean?

So I've been seeing a new girl for the past week or two... and I can't help but assume she enjoys sex with me; if we hang out and I don't initiate sexual contact, she will.

But during, she breathes a little heavy, but makes next to no noise otherwise. This is nothing I've ever encountered before. Is this common? Does this happen to any other women on here? Can you enjoy sex silently?
    Last edited by Junket; 03-12-07 at 01:04 AM.

I can if I have to, but generally, I'm not quiet at all.

Btw, doodle, will you take the links out of your sig, please?
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If she has only been seeing you for a week or two, I doubt she feels comfortable enough with you to fully express herself yet. She very likely isn't reaching orgasm yet, either. Most women require a sense of connection in order to fully enoy sex. She is probably more concerned about whether or not you will call her over the weekend or whether you think her thighs are too fat.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are there others close by? Thin walls in the apartment (or your parents house)? If you live someplace warm, take her outside someplace away from ppl & encourage her inner animal to emerge.

I have that issue with my hubby, he NEVER speaks out or moans or anything. I told him a few weeks, PLEASE yell out or something moan or something, just say something. I know he enjoys it hell for sure he does, but I dont understand the silence either. Sex is great, and Im a screamer and moaner, and Im going to use my vocal chords to the max, neighbors or not. My man rocks my world.

I use to take it personally, but I think its the indvidual. Weird right?
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Squirrley and I should be neighbors- we would never offend one another, but no! My next door neighbors are a family with two very overweight teenaged sons, who clearly aren't getting laid.

Those jackasses get to listen to me moan.
    Spammer Spanker

Make the neighbors jealous! We'd get people horny and the whole neighborhood would be rockin Giga! There have been a few times in the past, where my downstairs neighbors would hit the ceiling with their broom to shut me up, ah go to hell youre just jealous cause Im getting some!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

When I've experienced this with girls before, I've found it best to discuss it. It seems to take a certain level of comfort with a partner for most people to completely let loose during sex.

How much noise are you making during sex with her? Because if you're making none either, she may be thinking you'll think it's weird if she lets go and audibly enjoys. I've found with my previous partners that my making a lot of noise eases the tension for the girl and gets a lot of noise coming back my way as well.
    BROKEN HEARTS ARE FOR ASSHOLES.

i usually start out quiet and then as i get more comfortable unless it's scream worthy sex, which doesn't happen too often anyways.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ladies, do the men you've been with often make noise?

I ask because I never make a peep. And if I did it would sound totally forced and fake. But, well, my body language, that's a different story. I'm quite... eager.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I dunno about noisy men... men moaning seems kind of... uh.... feminine.

:let the flaming begin:
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I dunno about noisy men... men moaning seems kind of... uh.... feminine.

You've obviously never heard me... What would you prefer? Growling and snorting?

I was with a girl for a while who made no noise whatsoever. It actually made me somewhat insecure. Making noise just doesn't come naturally for some people. It's probably nothing to worry about.

OK, so if a woman isn't vocal, something's wrong and/or she's not enjoying it like she should be - but this doesn't count for men because they're expected to be quiet??

She may be just quiet and taking it all in (no pun intended)
    Maybe since the relationship is new she's not yet comfortable enough to fully express herself
    Maybe she thinks if she's vocal you will think less of her

Only she knows the answer so you will have to talk

Ask what she likes, what she doesn't...asl her what she wants.
    Just be careful not to sound accusatory (i.e. "how come you never make any noise when we are having sex") you don't want to make her more sensitive.

I know for me it's more a trust issue. My ex husband and I had a lousy sex life and I didn't trust him due to emotional abuse so I was very quiet.
    The sex is great with my new man and I trust him so much more so I moan and am all but screaming

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by EmoBlackBelt View Post
    You've obviously never heard me... What would you prefer? Growling and snorting?

Yes to the growling. No to the snorting.

But you are right; I've never heard you. Maybe I am imagining something different than what you are doing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast