+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: will men really commit after marriage?

will men really commit after marriage?

hahas..juz a causal qn..will they?i mean..wil u?

If they won't commit before marriage, I don't see the point of putting a ring on 'em.
    Spammer Spanker

Tedel Guest
    I don't understand your question... I mean, would you marry someone who is not committed into you and your relationship?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedel View Post
    I don't understand your question... I mean, would you marry someone who is not committed into you and your relationship?
    I agree with this post.

If a man can commit marriage, he is capable of committing almost anything
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

im a guy, im only 20 but i have never cheated on a girlfriend. I just think cheating isnt right. Plus i wouldnt want to get married unless i knew it was going to last i dont want to raise a child in a broken home. So i would definately commit for marriage and hopefully the girl will do the same.

My parents have been together for over 35 years. Ive been around for 25 of them and i remember the last 19 or so.

*warning: Opinion is coming!*

I have drawn the conclusion that marriage is imprisonment of the free spirit and marriage is maintained by constant sacrifices of desires, ambitions and dreams.

marriage does have its positives they are...um....

*Runs Away*

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlemonster View Post

I have drawn the conclusion that marriage is imprisonment of the free spirit and marriage is maintained by constant sacrifices of desires, ambitions and dreams.
    I agree with this part. I would like to add, though, that adherence to a free lifestyle where you pursue your desires, ambitions and dreams can only be had by sacrificing the support, love and commitment a good marriage provides.
    Spammer Spanker

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Adherence to a free lifestyle where you pursue your desires, ambitions and dreams can only be had by sacrificing the support, love and commitment a good marriage provides.
    Yes. Like everything, there are pros & cons. This is why all us 'oldies' on here keep saying to experience as much as you can when you are young & single. Try not getting too serious about things in your 20s.

Then, when you do decide to settle down, you can do so with confidence in your decision. This confidence will help you be more successful & productive.

LostNotFound Guest
    it depends on how you see marriage. my S.Os my mest friend if i can marry him then i'd be happy.god i love him so much.

as for cheaters, meh. nobody should have the right to break someones heart

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm a little perplexed as to why marriage = settling down.

The only real reason I see why a married couple should settle down is:

- One or both find a very good job/career in an area that requires them to stay in one place for an indefinite amount of time.

- They have a kid.

- They simply aren't financially capable of going elsewhere and doing other things.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I agree with this part. I would like to add, though, that adherence to a free lifestyle where you pursue your desires, ambitions and dreams can only be had by sacrificing the support, love and commitment a good marriage provides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I'm a little perplexed as to why marriage = settling down.
    Thank you Fras. Mbe ppl get lazy & this is the reason for the high divorce rate.

well....i tink he meant cases like adultery.........haaa....anw.....i tink most of em will..esp when the couples have children...I was inspired by this article...howtotakeituptheass.com
    muaha
    Last edited by Junket; 02-12-07 at 01:19 AM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by charismatic73 View Post
    well....i tink he meant cases like adultery.........haaa....anw.....i tink most of em will..esp when the couples have children...I was inspired by this article...onlinedatingcode.com/committment.html
    muaha
    This coming from website centered around on-line dating?

The credibility went right down the drain.

And so did yours.

I don't know, it really depends on how young and stupid the guy is.. what do I mean by that?

if the guy is really young, it's not a great time for him to get married.. given, my father married when he was 25.. but it wasn't a happy marriage.. because he always felt like he was worth much more, and my mother became lazy, didn't take care of herself.. and the sex stopped.. so he was nothing but an alpha-male which was loaded (priniting-money).. but was trapped in marriage for the rest of his life with a very undesireable woman... while other women wanted him..

if the guy is really stupid.. he's going to commit quickly.. to anything really.. I mean, people do dumb things at the spur of the moment.. they get drunk.. they have kids.. they play the lotto.. vote Republican.. and even get married.. why? why on earth would you want to get married? what point does it serve? do you really want a piece of paper holding the two of you together, or the way you feel about eachother holding you together? i'll tell you why young guys get married.. besides the fact that they're stupid.. it's because YOU (the girl) wants to get married.. and their too spineless to sit you down, digress from the love-spell for one minute and explain that it's not the best move for the two of you.. socially, financially, etc..

here's why "I" think.. after i'm all done with law school, I need at least 5-7 years to myself, marriage-free.. because I know I shur as hell didn't bust my @ss for all these years.. just to come out of school.. get married, and work a sexless, child-filled life until I die.. I'm not even going to have marriage as an option until i'm 33.. and i'm not having kids until 2 years after marriage.. (which would be 35 if I get married at 33).. let's be honest.. I want to reach the point where i'm 100% bored with women sexually, the point where i'm had sex with just about all different types of attractive women and i've tasted all the flavors out there.. one i've reached that point.. i'll be satisfied.. and then the only other step for me to take.. is to find someone to "settle down with".. I mean, by 33-35.. I would have lived and enjoyed my sexual prime-years.. and I would really be ready and looking foward to having kids, raising them, being a family.. etc..

but.. in my opinion.. marriage.. the ring.. even the promises.. boil down to nothing more than a theatrical act supported by paper.. paper which is meaningless in the face of a well-drafted pre-nupt or default state law such as in New York.. so if you think marriage means anything for men (who are not actively looking foward to starting a family).. you're sadly mistaken..

marriage in fact, was a social institution developed so that the man would not leave his wife, and would take care of his children.. (the wife was often provided by an other family.. with a dowery, so they needed to make sure their daughter was going to be taken care of for the rest of her life)..

today, marriage mostly benefits women for couples under the age of 40.. so while women are eager to find a man who will take them (before they reach the age 30-35 when they are significantly less sexually attractive and reproductively efficient), "catch that man", and then lock him into marriage.. men prefer to wait, enjoy the wealth of women life has to offer, enjoy the wealth of women they're able to sleep with, until they're finally bored and ready to find that one woman they can settle down with and start a family.. paper or a marriage ceremony will in no way act as a catalyst to accelerate a man's urge to get married..
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast