+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 1 and a half years NOT over him

1 and a half years NOT over him

Hey everyone, i need some advice!

so its been 1 and a half years since my ex dumped me. i am STILL not over him- although i know how much of an idiot and a disgusting pig he is (actually thats an insult to pigs). basically he's a womaniser, nasty, chavvy, wannabe gangster, you name it.
    i seem to have tried EVERYTHING to move on. dance classes, studying, rebound boy (3 months after) removing any form of contact, although ive looked at his facebook a couple of times (and for some reason he added me on it- and commented a pic). i cant seem to get him out of my mind, although i hate him i like him too. i know its not love as im far too young and made a STUPID mistake in even dating him (i was ignorant and didnt know that type of guy).

so sorry to ramble on but if anyone has any ideas of how to get over him PLEASE help!

Just keep telling yourself what an ass he is. Easy. Dont reflect on the past or the good times. You just have to move on. Its not healthy to keep pining over someone whose been a real jackass to you. Why would you even want to continue to hang on to someone like that?
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

The only thing that's holding you in the past is the fact that HE dumped YOU, even though he wasn't worthy of you in the first place. This is easily remedied. Call him up and say, "It's over! I'm through with your lowdown, chav ass! Don't ever, ever speak to me again!" and hang up.

Yes, he'll think you're totally insane. Who cares? He's in your past anyway, and really, nobody is going to believe him if he tells them you did that.
    Spammer Spanker

haha gigabitch i like ur style- both advice is really good- i just wish i had the guts to do it!

GIGA! That actually worked for an ex of mine!

block him off facebook. my ex did that to me and I'm sure it helped me immensely to move on. I still think of her often, but I know if i kept checking her facebook every other day, I would be much worse off right now.

You know something I figured out a while ago, it's easier to forget someone, when they disappoint you.At least for me. I find disappoinment the leading reason to forgetfulness!

When they turn out to be something I was not looking for, it makes me want to forget they ever existed in the first place.

I suppose you are not a religious person (otherwise you wouldn't be stuck so bad like this) but if u were it would also make things easier.Since I believe everything that happens no matter how bad it may look, it's because God has better plans for me. That's my point of view in relationships too.

I would get sad after a breakup but at the same time I would be grateful, because that's God's way of telling me he was not the right person for me.

Hope I helped!
    God never closes a door without opening another one!

hey 2little2late,
    i know exactly how you feel. i had an ex whom was my first love first everything guy and he dumped me and i couldnt get over him for over a year. even while i was in a new long term relationship. but finally i realized that he was really gone from me and i needed to snap into reality so i took every item that he gave me and every item that reminded me of him and burned it. all the pictures, cd's, letters, toys everything. i deleted everything on my computer about him and after that nothing could remind me of him. i never spoke to him either. now im in a new long term relationship and im more than happy that i finally got rid of everything of his.

it was tough at first but you'll be thankful afterwards. hope you can do it too.

First of all you need to forgive him, I mean truly forgive him and truly sincerely in your mind thank him. You will say I am nuts but there's a good reason for this. He did dump you but at least he didn't wait longer. He wasn't the right guy for you. How can you forgive him? Have compassion, obviously he's in pain. He certainly doesn't know what he is doing deep in his mind. True love is about giving. Here is a link you might to be interested [url]http://www.hereandnowmeditation.com/English/home.html[/url]

It is spiritual, it teaches you meditation to calm the mind but also teaches how to let go of suffering.

Peace, love and light

good luck

hmm Theres a book you should read called "He's Just Not That Into You." Sure youre not dating the guy right now but its a great confidence giving book.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ..damn you still haven't gotten over me yet..?? i'm must apologize because i'm that good.

honesty though, you're just dumb. probably not what you wanted to hear, but if you're stuck on an ass that treats you like shit, do you expect anything else from a stranger??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

We've all done this. I spent three years once hung up on a girl while in relationships with others. The new relationships didn't fix it. Nothing but falling "in love" again will fix it and sooner or later that will happen.
    There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

I have the same problem

A year and a half too!

I try not to think about her. I have tried the same as you, even more things!

My way:

Doing lots of stuff, and making sure im not thinking about anything else than what am i doing beacuse that would allow my mind to trick me thinking about her.

I mean, i dont care about her at all, is just some thinking that casually come to my mind.
    "You attract people by the qualities you display. You keep them by the qualities you possess"

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    hmm Theres a book you should read called "He's Just Not That Into You." Sure youre not dating the guy right now but its a great confidence giving book.
    A friend got me that book a couple of years ago when I really needed it. I took one look at it and felt like slapping her. "What is this cheesy self-help talk show shit?"

But I read it. It was great. You should try it.
    Spammer Spanker

nuevo what are we gonna do? Thanks for your help everyone, and Illusional- you are right. I am dumb. and Trickee- i have done most of that but i cant bring myself to delete my facebook- ive wasted so many hours on it hahaha. i really need to. my mum isnt much help either. she thinks i should keep it so we can have a laugh at him. you guys are all fantastic though. Im glad other people know how i feel