+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Two Part Thread: Utter Failure/Rebound Time

Two Part Thread: Utter Failure/Rebound Time

Well as you saw, I had a thread called "Urgent Help Needed" or something. Well, when the girl came into where I was planning on asking her out, I thought to myself "We don't really even talk anymore", since we don't have classes. This took me down to the "no confidence level". The other problem was that she had a couple friends around her I hadn't seen before, so I was thinking it would've been really awkward. So, I got her Screen Name from another girl and when she's online, I'll do the whole "Oh, we haven't talked in so long" blah blah blah. Once we are friends again, I'll get her number and start talking on the phone, and then sooner or later, ask her out. How's that sound?

Also, another girl that I have my eyes on, who is also probably more likely to go out with me, has a boyfriend. So I've been biding my time until she's broken up with him... Still no luck yet. The thing is ladies, after you end a relationship, how long does it usually take you to be okay with another guy taking you out (I.E. Rebound time)???

Rebound time is directly proportionate to the emotional investment in the relationship. Unfortunately, she doesn't have a gauge on her forehead you can read, so your best bet is to approach someone within a week of breaking up and say, "I know it feels bad to break up with someone, but I want you to know that you're a great girl, and any guy would be lucky to have you." You aren't asking her out, but you're letting your interest be known. When she's ready to date again, she'll remember that.
    Spammer Spanker