+ Follow This Topic

Thread: his mistress

LostNotFound Guest

his mistress

cccccccccccccccccccc
    Last edited by LostNotFound; 27-02-08 at 04:37 PM.

I think you're asking if he's going to turn into a workaholic, and I think it's possible.

If you marry him, make sure he has good life insurance, because he sounds like a candidate for an early heart attack. Only half-kidding.

When he comes to understand that having leisure is a status thing, maybe he'll get on board with the idea of spending some time with you, but it sounds like he needs to reach some self-imposed level of success first.

I say find a career you like, because you're going to be spending quite a bit of time entertaining yourself.
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It is natural that a male his age be motivated to build a career. He may turn into a workaholic, but I can think of worse things. You need to work on making yourself less dependent if you want to be with him. It will probably be good for you. If you DO get married, you just need to set some firm boundaries about weekend time together.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

LostNotFound Guest
    when we get married lol i wana get married the year i graduate so 3 years time.

hes such a night owl.

how long have you guys been married?

Tedel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LostNotFound View Post
    how long have you guys been married?
    So far, nothing...

Back to your basic question. I think he's just trying to build up a living to be able to assume having a family responsibly. Anyway, I think this slideshow can be an eye-opener for you, or at least give you another perspective about what is going on with him.

[url]http://www.slideshare.net/guestf0db54/the-puzzle-of-povery[/url]

In a line, you may have different goals in life.

Hmm. This is a hard one. I am similar to this man in that I value money and work hard to get it. My biggest pet peave in the whole world is wasting money. While at the same time, I dont have a problem spending money, I just want to get a good value for it. And at the same time, I am working on a nest egg for when I do get older. And honestly, for the last year I've been working over 80 hours a week bringing in the dough. While at the same time, I believe I value Love more than any of all that. So I've learned over many relationships, that I need to keep myself under control. I have to accept that the person I am with may not be exactly the same as me and there will have to be some compromise. I use to get upset when a significant other spent say $15 on a DVD they could have got for $5 online, but fortunately I've learned to get over it and shut up.

Anyway, I dont know why I wrote all that but maybe something will help. Have you tried seriously sitting him down for a true heart-to-heart conversation where you express your understanding but also the very serious problems his ways are having on your relationships? Ask him what he will regret more in the future, having a little less money, or being alone with it. And like I said, you both will likely need to compromise.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis