+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Muhammed the Teddy Bear

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Muhammed the Teddy Bear

So I read about an incident where a UK woman teaching in Sudan was sent to prison for allowing her students to name a teddy bear Mohammed. Apparently that wasn't enough and today people were protesting in the streets for her execution.

Does this piss off anybody else? It reminds me of the protests after a Dutch cartoonist drew Mohammed in a cartoon. I would like for these muslims to protest in the US so they can have their heads kicked in

man, that's sick. On the other hand, does that mean we can execute whoever made that Passion of Christ movie?

LostNotFound Guest
    the passion of christ caused some up stir down here too. no ones really fussed though apart from the sudanese. the kid said he named the bare after himself so they should just leave it as an honest mistake and move on..we have bigger issues pressing the world

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    We can agree it was a mistake, but even if she did it on purpose, can't we agree there is a massive double standard over there? Mohammed can kiss my ass- I should be able to call him a piece of shit all I want to. I can tolerate people dissing Jesus all the time. They think they are better than everyone who isn't muslim and try to force their beliefs down our throats. People in this country bitch about Bible-thumping Christians but they are doing NOTHING compared to what these tools are up to. On campus last year I remember reading signs people posted that talked about "Islam Awareness Month" or some crap like that. If they do that again this year I'll be tempted to buy a copy of the Quran so I can piss on it and wipe my ass with its pages

Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    man, that's sick. On the other hand, does that mean we can execute whoever made that Passion of Christ movie?
    Sure, but just because he's an asshole. I'm sure Vashti's down with this too.

Zealotry makes no sense to me. The idea of killing someone for "blasphemy" is so asinine, I can't believe I belong to the same species as the creatures who thought it up.

But then, I was raised in a liberal, permissive environment, religiously speaking. I don't know enough about Islam to know whether or not Mohamed himself would demand that this woman be flogged or killed. I do know that most Christians are nothing at all like Christ.

Anybody know what Mohamed was like? Somehow, I doubt he was a psychotic as some of his followers...
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I don't know enough about Islam to know whether or not Mohamed himself would demand that this woman be flogged or killed. I do know that most Christians are nothing at all like Christ.
    Mohammed was a prick and the Quran is ****ing pagan. You have to admit that Jesus was completely nonviolent and loving, which is very, very different from muslim perspective.

And yes, most Christians are nothing like Christ. I'm Christian but will easily admit I'm a ****ing horrible Christian. My mom, on the other hand, is completely nonhypocritical and is an exemplary Christian. She volunteers, never swears, has never been drunk, helps other people all the time, NEVER holds a grudge, forgives EVERYTHING, is family focused, donates to all types of charity groups, etc. She is not racist in the slightest. For this reason she cannot recognize how ****ed up Islam is.

A big difference between Christians and muslims is that there eists a HUGE number of muslims who will kill you for not being muslim or suppossedly "offending" them, while there are hardly ANY Christians like that. They are fundamentally very different religions.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think it's got more to do with culture than religion. Although religion does go a long way toward defining that culture.

Look at the Salem Witch Trials or, better yet, the Crusades. If people could still get away with it I have no doubt there'd be a bunch of Christians waving their bibles around and demanding blood.

Extremely successful religions are founded in blood and spread at the end of a sword, not through kindness and charity.
    Last edited by Gribble; 01-12-07 at 02:13 AM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    She volunteers, never swears, has never been drunk, helps other people all the time, NEVER holds a grudge, forgives EVERYTHING, is family focused, donates to all types of charity groups, etc.
    You're not Catholic, are you?

A big difference between Christians and muslims is that there eists a HUGE number of muslims who will kill you for not being muslim or suppossedly "offending" them, while there are hardly ANY Christians like that. They are fundamentally very different religions.
    Baaahahahahaa! How many deaths do you think Christianity has been responsible for or in direct support of? You have to take the religion in it's entirety into consideration, here, all 2000 years of it. The history is not pretty.
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's actually MORE than her being jailed - she is also going to be lashed. That is the culture she CHOSE to adopt. When you choose a culture, you choose its consequences.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    It's actually MORE than her being jailed - she is also going to be lashed. That is the culture she CHOSE to adopt. When you choose a culture, you choose its consequences.
    Thank you Vash for this. I completely agree.

Tho I think the incident is ridiculous by most standards, ultimately 'right & wrong' is dictated by the norms of a society. She chose to live there, chose to act a certain way & is now paying the cost. Go to Singapore & spit on the sidewalk & be arrested or flogged, its the same thing. When in Rome...

For that reason, I have very little tolerance for those of other cultures who enter Western society & expect special treatment. Adapt, or go back to where you came from.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are you kidding DM? C'mon, DON'T believe the hype. Christianity is just as violent as any other religion, in fact, they've killed more than their share of muslims:

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades[/url]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I guess the latest news is that the judge has decided to sentence her to 15 days in jail and deportation (no lashing).
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

LostNotFound Guest
    this is old news. yeh no lashing.

but what people do not know is the law of the religion is the law of the land.

islam sees jesus the same way as it sees any other prophet.

hmm. the media is portraying the very negative sides of things afterall, this is what makes good publicity.

it is suggested that christainity and judaism were forms of islam. but this is too technical. ...

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's barbaric. I don't believe right and wrong are relative and I don't believe culture is an excuse for stupidity and irrationality.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LostNotFound View Post

it is suggested that christainity and judaism were forms of islam. but this is too technical. ...
    Judaism predates Islam by thousands of years.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast