+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alternative Medicine

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Astrogalus.
    The antiaging drug. I kid you not, there's data for this.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    They are apparently using garlic to treat MRSA. I guess you smell so bad, even the bacteria can't stand it.

[url]http://www.citiesofscience.co.uk/go/London/ContentWhere_2973.html[/url]
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    The antiaging drug. I kid you not, there's data for this.
    Really? I take it so I don't catch cold. I didn't know I could avoid catching old as well!
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Did a physician suggest you do thta? Because if you eat healthy foods and exercise, those things probably wouldn't be necessary.
    No a physician didnt suggest it. But I would still be reluctant to take synthetic drugs. I just dont know the long term effects and would be a little concern about them because of that.
    I do exercise and work out on weights. But somtimes after I work out I feel like I was run over by an icecream truck (usually the following day). I figure I would recover quicker and feel better with some extra suppliments.
    As for anti oxidants I take them because I dont think it would really hurt. I say to myself "whats wrong with keeoing yourslef as youthful as you can?".
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

I'm for it. I use it. It works for me.

I take DLPA, Astrogalus and SJW.
    Whats DLPA stand for? Dogs- Likes- Purple- Apples?

I heard also that Astralagas is anti aging and is also very good for your immune system & to prevent cancer.
    Last edited by Henry123; 07-12-07 at 08:04 AM.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Really? I take it so I don't catch cold. I didn't know I could avoid catching old as well!
    Astragalus (one of them, there are many) affects telomerase. Its thought to be one of the major mechanisms for how a cell 'counts' how old it is (ie. how many times its divided)

I did a little project on telomerase a few years ago...

Check this out:
    [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geron_Corp.[/url].
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 07-12-07 at 09:12 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry123 View Post
    No a physician didnt suggest it. But I would still be reluctant to take synthetic drugs. I just dont know the long term effects and would be a little concern about them because of that.

Are you trying to tell me you DO know the long-term effects of what you are taking?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is why I laugh at ppl who are Crunchies who will drink willow bark tea but don't want to buy a bottle of Bayer Asprin. B/c they drink a tea they think its somehow 'healthier'.

Wake up. Its the same damn drug.

Ha! My father was like that- he fed us brown sugar because he thought it was healthier. Not unrefined sugar. Just refined sugar with molasses in it. Fool.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not a nutritionist, henry, but I do know that anti-oxidants include some fat soluble vitamins (A & D) , which can accumulate in the body and lead to poisoning. Also, there is some evidence that excessive amounts of vitamin c can be bad for your health.

anachronistic Guest
    Astragalus (one of them, there are many) affects telomerase. Its thought to be one of the major mechanisms for how a cell 'counts' how old it is (ie. how many times its divided)

I did a little project on telomerase a few years ago...

Check this out:
    [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geron_Corp[/url].
    I don't think your link worked. Can you post that again?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    I don't think your link worked. Can you post that again?
    I didn't check the link, sorry. Link it works now, try my original link again. You can also google for the herb & 'telomerase'.

Are you trying to tell me you DO know the long-term effects of what you are taking?
    I'm not a nutritionist, henry, but I do know that anti-oxidants include some fat soluble vitamins (A & D) , which can accumulate in the body and lead to poisoning. Also, there is some evidence that excessive amounts of vitamin c can be bad for your health.
    I'm talking about synthetic drugs in general.
    I usually dont take anything for long periods. Although I do know certain plant substances have been used by thousands of years by herbalists, shamans etc. With the right dosages of course. I believe moderation is the key.
    I am totally aware that certain herbs act like drugs and can be dangerous with long term use or incorrect dosages.

Not that I'm totally against synthetic drugs either. A long as it has a long history of use (lets say about 20years+) without extreme side effects I might consider it. Keep in mind I also dont believe herbs is a cure all for everything. Sometimes one has to resort to synthetic drugs.
    Last edited by Henry123; 07-12-07 at 11:22 AM.

This is why I laugh at ppl who are Crunchies who will drink willow bark tea but don't want to buy a bottle of Bayer Asprin. B/c they drink a tea they think its somehow 'healthier'.

Wake up. Its the same damn drug.
    Thats where Aspirin originally came from alright.
    As you probably aware already quite a number of modern drugs originally came form plant source.

I dont have a problem with aspirin. Its been around for sometime and has been taken by thousands of people.

Ha! My father was like that- he fed us brown sugar because he thought it was healthier. Not unrefined sugar. Just refined sugar with molasses in it. Fool.
    Now this is funny. Whats the point? (if he's taking refine sugar and then adding molasses to it). laughing
    Last edited by Henry123; 07-12-07 at 11:37 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    But that is our point, Henry. Even aspirin can be dangerous, despite the fact that it came from a natural source. It can even kill children. Just because something is natural doesn't mean it is better for you, and too much of anything can be bad. Just be careful not to take excessive amounts of your supplements, meaning more than the daily recommended amount.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast