+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alternative Medicine

Alternative Medicine

What do you think of it? Do you take it yourself?
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I once had a doctor tell me that if alternative therapies worked, they would be called medicine.

That being said, I know that certain herbs have healing properties. For example, all the "G" herbs are effective blood thinners (gingko, ginger, garlic, etc.) The problem is that the industry is poorly regulated, and the quantities vary from dose to dose, so you never really know what you are getting. You also have to remember that all of these alternative treatments should be reported to your physician before s/he prescribes any medications to avoid side effects.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

there are lots of alternative medicines out there...can you be more specific?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I once had a doctor tell me that if alternative therapies worked, they would be called medicine.
    Gah. Thank you Vash.

The other way to check is that if it worked, your health insurance plan would be willing to pay for it. They have full time staff who's job it is to scan the literature & make sure the stuff they pay for actually does something. They aren't into wasting their money.

Quote Originally Posted by miSSleepy View Post
    there are lots of alternative medicines out there...can you be more specific?
    I'm just being general.

But I guess I could narrow it down to give it more direction. Oh lets say herbal suppliments.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What are you planning to take, and for what purpose?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry123 View Post
    I'm just being general.

But I guess I could narrow it down to give it more direction. Oh lets say herbal suppliments.
    Herbal supplements are non-regulated drugs. But they definitely can have effects. Eg. Willow bark tea contains asprin (which can kill young children), Sleepytime tea contains valierian (a sedative), Ma Huang contains pseudophedrine (a weight loss drug that can cause heart attacks)... ginger, garlic, all contain antimicrobial substances.

Check w/your doctor. As Vash said, herbal supplements can lead to a drug interaction if you are on any other medication.

Food and water is true medicine. Especially water. Your body is over 70% water. Your cells need water to get rid of toxins. Think about it everyone air is most important, than water and then food.
    We can only live maybe a week without water. Minutes without air. We are dehydrated and eating acidic food. A normal type diet is coffee or tea (dehydrating and also acidic) Toast. For lunch a sandwhich and fries. Supper, steak with potatoes and gravy. Unless you had a salad during your meal you were confusing foods low in water content but also it is very acidic to the body. Unless you drank some clean water you are severely dehydrated. If you cells are dried do you think your cells can get rid of toxins? If you don't each mostly raw water rich foods you are recommended to drink at least 8 cups of water with a bit of seasalt. Next best thing is meditation which actually gets rid of some of the bad gases in your body like carbon dioxide. [url]www.watercure2.com[/url]
    If you want a super food btw you can take chorella it is a superfood that has necessary vitamins and minerals this is much better than taking vitamins. If you have a allergic reaction you can't take it though.

Drugs do kill in the long run because you're not hydrating yourself.

LostNotFound Guest
    honey has about 100 cures for minor illnesses

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by LostNotFound View Post
    honey has about 100 cures for minor illnesses
    Yes, I was just reading a study about honey the other day. There's lots of interesting stuff in there.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    What are you planning to take, and for what purpose?
    Nothing in particular.
    Although I have been taking things like natural vitamins (like rose hips for vitamin C etc).
    I have been taking some anti-oxidants like grape seed extract and a host of other anti oxidants.

I also have been taking Royale Jelly & Ginseng for over all health maintenance.
    But now Im taking St Johnswort for my mood because of the whether. I think I might have abit of a seasonal disorder thats why.
    Last edited by Henry123; 06-12-07 at 07:39 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Did a physician suggest you do thta? Because if you eat healthy foods and exercise, those things probably wouldn't be necessary.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry123 View Post
    But now Im taking St Johnswort for my mood because of the whether. I think I might have abit of a seasonal disorder thats why.
    I agree w/Vash's general comment about diet & exercise. But I do know a couple ppl who take SJW here & it helps them. Its like low dose zoloft. We get a lot of rain & SAD here tho.

I WAS a sceptic of alternative medicine until this year. I have had neck and back problems for yrs. I had 2 disks fused in Jan but it didnt take care of my mega problem in my back. After hell in pain management burning my nerves off in my back, I finally resorted to Acupuncture. IT HELPED! That was the only thing which has helped my back. I swear by it now. Even the medicine she gave me, what wonders. Im happy as hell with it!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

I'm for it. I use it. It works for me.

I take DLPA, Astrogalus and SJW.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast