+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Does It Mean When She Says I Need My Space

What Does It Mean When She Says I Need My Space

I dated a girl for over 2 years and she told me two weeks ago that she needs her space to figure things out... I need help and some ideas on how to get her back because i just know she is the one

Doesn't sound like it's mutual. Sure, she might come back, but I would prepare for the worst.

If she does end it, don't panic. LF is nothing if not rich in the veterans of the War of Love.
    Spammer Spanker

well what is your advise

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You'd better give her space, or she will definitely cut you out for good.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Space generally means she needs more freedom to do her own things and be on her own.

But now that you mentioned to quote "figure things out", let me confirm that doesn't sound very good. Rule number 3 states any talk of having talks or thinking / figuring things out means break up is not too far away.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

well she is about to start college in january and will be playing softball there and at the time of the break she was very stressed out...but then again she said that she needs to figure out if she misses me as a friend or a lover...so i dont know

Doom, my friend. Try to comport yourself with dignity when she tells you the wants to "take a break" or "step back".

If she were really into you, she would never question missing you as a lover.
    Spammer Spanker

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobloftin View Post
    well she is about to start college in january and will be playing softball there and at the time of the break she was very stressed out...but then again she said that she needs to figure out if she misses me as a friend or a lover...so i dont know
    Stop taking her calls.

She's breaking up with you, you don't have a chance with her going to college--you need to move on sooner rather than later. Don't let her string you along. With a big transition like that, she's using you as a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    With a big transition like that, she's using you as a backup.
    Sad as it is, it sounds like that's the case.Only you can decide what is best for you but it sure sounds like your turning into the safety net.If college starts well and I'm comfortable and all is well...whatever, then bye!!But if it sucks and I miss having someone and nothing works out, oh I miss you!!!!

Pretty shitty but it sounds like thats her plan I'd recommend moving on as well.The longer you wait the harder it will be

ok ,heres the truth .you are OVERBEARING and SMOTHERING ,just give her the space she asks for .not everyone is into being so tight.maybe she doesnt consider the relationship as seriously as you do. or she's about to leave you and feels guilty looking at you.either way ,things must change ,space is what she needs and perhaps you should try and back off a bit too?
    "Nobody , so long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life , is without trouble. Carl jung

Quote Originally Posted by jacobloftin View Post
    I dated a girl for over 2 years and she told me two weeks ago that she needs her space to figure things out... I need help and some ideas on how to get her back because i just know she is the one
    Sounds like your too 'needy' and 'clingly'.
    The very reason why she wants to get away from you.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

I disagree. Don't just assume YOU are the problem here. She just might be confused as hell and is, as previously mentioned, feeling guilty because her feelings for you are lessening.
    Sounds like she's started to feel platonic love for you, not romantic love.
    And you may very well be getting placed on the backburner while she goes off to college.
    No matter the reason, she is letting go of you romantically. You should think about doing the same. And, if she really IS "the one," then she'll realize that you're the one for her and give you a call.
    In the meantime, I suggest letting go of her, trying to move on, and surrounding yourself with the company of good friends, family, and fun stuff you like to do.

Well 6 days after the break we went to the movies...we held hands she sat closer to me then what she has in a long time at the movies... we went back to her place we kissed and she feel asleep in my arms...she told me to give her a couple of weeks and we can go out and see how everything goes...shes been stressed out alot about alot of things...going to school making new friends and softball...i told her last nite that we where done forever because of the way she treats me and then later that nite she called me crying and apologized to me and said that she is just stressed out and has no clue about what to do...today i send her a txt saying that i hope u have a wonderful day princess and she sent one back saying thankyou you too but i didnt reply and she called like 30 mins later

i really need help ladies

Stay steady. I still expect her to drop a bomb.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast