+ Follow This Topic

Thread: At the lowest point in my life right now.

At the lowest point in my life right now.

Hello everyone,

I am very depressed right now. I snapped my distal fibula in two about 2 weeks ago playing football. I just got out of surgery yesterday 12/5/07. I have a pain pump connected to me at the moment which is helping with the pain. At first I could not move my toes or any part of my foot...but now I can move my toes just a bit. Anyway, I have not been able to work for the past 3 weeks so that means no income so I'm pretty poor right now, and on top of that, my girlfriend broke up with me right after the surgery. Her excuse was that she "did too many wrong things to me in the beginning" and that "she was not good enough for me." I told her that it was okay and I forgave her long ago and that I love her and told her "Baby I love you please don't leave me..I've never felt so low in my life right now..I need you." And she said she still couldn't be with me and still left.

I don't know what to do anymore, I want to kill myself and get it all over with. I can't go anywhere, my finals are coming up and I can't even take them because I can't go to school. I'm so so lost and depressed. I have a splint on my ankle right now, and I go to the doctor Monday to get a check up and he said after that I can't walk for 2 months. I feel my life has come to a sudden screeching halt and on top of that, the girl I thought I was going to marry, gets up and leaves me during my hardest time. Before this I was very healthy, gym 5 times a week for at least 2 hours, I'm 21 right now, 6'1 and 205 pounds. I have gained 10 pounds since this and I just feel like dying.

Please help me someone, words of encouragement, advice on what to do, anything will help right now.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by nowheretogo View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am very depressed right now. I snapped my distal fibula in two about 2 weeks ago playing football. I just got out of surgery yesterday 12/5/07. I have a pain pump connected to me at the moment which is helping with the pain. At first I could not move my toes or any part of my foot...but now I can move my toes just a bit. Anyway, I have not been able to work for the past 3 weeks so that means no income so I'm pretty poor right now, and on top of that, my girlfriend broke up with me right after the surgery. Her excuse was that she "did too many wrong things to me in the beginning" and that "she was not good enough for me." I told her that it was okay and I forgave her long ago and that I love her and told her "Baby I love you please don't leave me..I've never felt so low in my life right now..I need you." And she said she still couldn't be with me and still left.

I don't know what to do anymore, I want to kill myself and get it all over with. I can't go anywhere, my finals are coming up and I can't even take them because I can't go to school. I'm so so lost and depressed. I have a splint on my ankle right now, and I go to the doctor Monday to get a check up and he said after that I can't walk for 2 months. I feel my life has come to a sudden screeching halt and on top of that, the girl I thought I was going to marry, gets up and leaves me during my hardest time. Before this I was very healthy, gym 5 times a week for at least 2 hours, I'm 21 right now, 6'1 and 205 pounds. I have gained 10 pounds since this and I just feel like dying.

Please help me someone, words of encouragement, advice on what to do, anything will help right now.
    You're 21. Yes, she left, but things get better.

Stop contacting her (especially trying to crawl back to her) and rebuild your life. You'll be just fine.

Her leaving right now is really shitty. You should take it as an indication that she does not love you, at all. She said, more or less, "It's not you, it's me..." But we all know what it means when a girl says that.

Take it a day at a time man. Relax. Everyone's been through a terrible breakup before. This shit will all work itself out. One of my good friend's had a terrible accident last year in the fall, couldn't take finals, was in a wheelchair for 6 months, etc. A year later, he's still working to fix all the stuff at school that got messed up, but he can walk now, has a new girlfriend, things are fine at school, etc. You've just got to hang in there. Whenever you're down you think you can't get any lower, and whenever your up things aren't as good as you thought they'd be, but life still moves through that cycle over and over again. You'll be back up again.
    BROKEN HEARTS ARE FOR ASSHOLES.

LostNotFound Guest
    *****goes over to nowheretogo and gives hug*****

shes a dumbass. if you thought you was gona marry her ..what happened to in sickness and in health? she wasnt worth keeping.

as for finals can't they make special arrangemetns for you to take them?

and yout foot will heal..just no footie for a while.

6'1, buff body you'll find a girl in no time.

Remember that she represents pain, okay? That means you shouldn't contact her, ever again. It can only get better from here.

I recommend you zone out. Rent some DVD's and don't take anything you think in the next couple of weeks seriously. Suicidal thoughts can always be revisited later, right?

Also, you need to tell someone about this, and not just us. Tell your doctor, tell a family member. Depression is like a dark cloud; you can't see your way out of it at all. It would really suck to get lost in there. Ask for help.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    Remember that you are in control of your life, you have every right and every ability to make it worth living. Keep on keeping on. Sure sounds like you deserve a better girlfriend, anyways. Look at the opportunities this will provide you with!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She's a bitch for dumping you right now. No class. A 'kick em when they're down' sort. Even if the relationship wasn't working out, she could have waited a month or so.

You're young. Lots of ppl go through injuries at your age. Take the down time to get caught up on your studies. In 10 years, this won't seem like such a big deal, just a problem you had to overcome. Life's full of things like this. You'll be fine.

LostNotFound Guest
    nowheretogo where have you gone?

Hey everyone,

I really appreciate your advice. It's pretty hard waking up everyday..but I'm hanging in there. I called my 24 hour gym and asked if it was okay for me to work out upper body only and walk around with crutches, they said it was ok..so I am waiting till these drugs wear off before I go. That's semi good news.

Another piece of good news is, my boss called me at work from the hospital, and told me to take as long as I need and to take care of my school work..then call her and she will work around my schedule and give me whichever hours and however many hours I want when I come back. Yay for me right guys/gals? One more piece of good news is that today I got my CHL ( Concealed Handguns License) approved and in the mail today, yay! Too bad I can't really walk anywhere..ha..ha. My friends have been great to me, coming over to take me to eat, bringing things, and texting/calling me every day to see if I am okay and if I need anything.

But with good news, there is always bad news I guess you can call it that. She hasn't called me..I still miss her very much..and I just think about her almost every second I get. I just wish her excuse was better than the one she gave me..oh well right? If anyone wants to email me or chat sometime..I have plenty of time here in this house! email me @ [email]ln8855@gmail.com[/email]

Thank you again everyone for your advice.

You're surrounded by support- lucky guy. A rotten girl left you in your darkest hour- lucky guy. You'll meet someone better, for sure. Again, lucky guy.

Hope you're feeling better. Sounds like you are.
    Spammer Spanker